Your Raptor and It's Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reaper13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alignment spec problems

I recently got the camber and caster kit installed along with an alignment after reading this thread. I just got my truck back from the alignment shop today, I gave them the specs that were suggested but am still having some significant pulling to the right even worse than before I took it in. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Below are what the truck is currently at, tech said this is the closest he could get them to the numbers I gave him.

LF......... RF
camber -0.4 .........-0.3
caster +3.6 ..........+3.4
toe +0.10 .........+0.12

total toe: +0.21
steer ahead: -0.01
thrust angle: +0.09

D

Deleted member 12951

Just been at Firestone in McKinney, TX. They have my caster at 6.7 and 7.7. Told them that was out of spec and needs corrected. They just adjusted toe. After argument, now at NTB. Will see how it goes.

With caster that far out, what would I expect cause it seemed to drive straight?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just been at Firestone in McKinney, TX. They have my caster at 6.7 and 7.7. Told them that was out of spec and needs corrected. They just adjusted toe. After argument, now at NTB. Will see how it goes.

With caster that far out, what would I expect cause it seemed to drive straight?

caster is the angle front to back. So if you looked at the side, the knuckle angle to the ground.

You want more caster, and with aftermarket UCA, that add in more caster, if you go to factory specs, the tires will rub cause it will shift the tire towards the rear of the truck.

D

Deleted member 12951

Well NTB couldn't do much better. They got caster to 7.1 and 7.5. Camber on one side was in spec (think .3) and the other was .8
Toe was good. They tried and tried on caster and couldn't, even had the manager involved. My previous aftermarket UCA was able to keep everything still in spec.
I will post up the exact measurements later.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

caster is the angle front to back. So if you looked at the side, the knuckle angle to the ground.

You want more caster, and with aftermarket UCA, that add in more caster, if you go to factory specs, the tires will rub cause it will shift the tire towards the rear of the truck.

So Huck, you think having caster in the 7's will be okay and not try to go get the UCA adjusted and try again (might cost a chunk to keep trying).

D

Deleted member 12951

Spoke with Rogue. Apparently this new design angle and placement of the ball is supposed to increase your caster, that caster at 7 is around where they want it.

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any recommendations on any DIY alignment systems that are reasonable? Googled a bit and there are many systems from $100 - $2,000 to $$$$$....
... anyone has any feedback on one on the cheaper end of things?

I am done wasting my time with Firestone lifetime alignments...they hate me and I hate them...

Rogue Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any recommendations on any DIY alignment systems that are reasonable? Googled a bit and there are many systems from $100 - $2,000 to $$$$$.... ... anyone has any feedback on one on the cheaper end of things? I am done wasting my time with Firestone lifetime alignments...they hate me and I hate them...
Our Hiem UCA's and slot delete kit. I will have it available for stock lowers (2 weeks) and at $500 instead of previous $1,000. As long as you do not bend your frame, you will not need another alignment again.
Ryan

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score

I had an issue where the toe was off on my Raptor. It was eating the inside of the front tires and I had it aligned.

The shop set the toe correctly .10° and everything is in the green except the Caster.

Left is 5.1° and Right is 5.4° which is in the red just a bit. The shop claims this will give better handling without any tire wear. Is this true?

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 271

Mjparsons

Reaction score
Hey guys I don't have the specs in hand but I recently bought a raptor and the steering and alignment were rock solid except for a shimmy at 70-75 on the freeway so I had the dealer realign it and install a camber/caster kit (it's on mid perch) since I've read they can only help achieve a better alignment. My issue is that I'm getting a lot of feedback in my steering wheel after they aligned it, at slow speeds a bump will slightly kick my steering wheel left or right and the same at high speeds. I'd probly say its bump steer which was non existent when I bought it. Any ideas what could cause that? Too much caster? Something wrong with the toe adjustment? Any help would be appreciated cuz it's really pissing me off considering how solid it was before they aligned it.

highpowernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eebc18e90d675cb248c3bc6147050c14.jpg

So we will see how this works.

I've never paid much attention to rear toe. Possibly room for improvement, seems like a lot of ware going on possibly.