Your Raptor and It's Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cajthaml123

Reaction score
2013 Raptor Caster

I just put a set of Icon 3.0 with a-arms and just got it back from the alignment shop. Everything is within the ford raptor spec. accept for the caster. The caster is as follows:

5.00 Right
5.23 Left

I was told this was OK? I have listed below the other angles after the alignment:

Camber
-0.11 Left
-0.07 Right

Toe
1/16" Left
1/16" Right

1/8" Total

Thanks for any input!

cajthaml123

Reaction score
2013 Ford Raptor Alignment?

I just put a set of Icon 3.0 with a-arms and just got it back from the alignment shop. Everything is within the ford raptor spec. accept for the caster. The caster is as follows:

5.00 Right
5.23 Left

I was told this was OK? I have listed below the other angles after the alignment:

Camber
-0.11 Left
-0.07 Right

Toe
1/16" Left
1/16" Right

1/8" Total

Thanks for any input!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2013 Ford Raptor Alignment?

Caster should be min 2.7 max 4.7

Everything else looks fine.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

cajthaml123

Reaction score
Yes, Complete Icon 3.0 front and rear with ICON UCA upper control arms. So do I go back to this guy and have him re-align the truck to get the caster within specs? Is it a matter of being lazy and didnt want to chase it? Does it hurt any thing? He said it had to do with my upper control arms and getting the steering wheel back to center quicker?

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet it feels heavy to turn.

I had the Camburg UCA's and LCA's and the alignment guy set max camber(Ford Specs) and still couldn't get the caster less than 5.0. Drove it like that for a few weeks and then just shit canned the whole setup because I couldn't deal with the heavy steering.

Have Fun.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have ICON 3.0's too but because I have stock wheels, I couldn't go with the ICON UCA even though I purchased it and had to send it back. I went with a Rogue UCA Heim that was adjustable but not when left on the truck like the ICON's.

With the Rogue UCA and ICON 3.0's my last alignment was:
LF Camber -0.1
LF Caster 3.4
LF Toe 0.12

RF Camber -0.3
RF Caster 3.7
RF Toe 0.10

Total toe 0.22
Steer Ahead 0.01

When the shop removed your stock UCA did they lay it down with the ICON UCA and made the lengths the same before installing? Bet they didn't....

Look at this thread here and you will see where Birdman shows matching them up. I would take it back if it was me.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/i...l-arm-skid-plate-installation-write-up-20927/

cajthaml123

Reaction score
Yes, its funny you say that it does feel heavy to turn. It's not bad just different? So you were not able to find a shop to dial it in or it is not possible with the aftermarket A-Arms?

cajthaml123

Reaction score
The Icon UCA can be adjusted while installed on the truck correct? Wouldn't the alignment shop do this while aligning it?