Your not going to believe this!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is the latest update.

Truck is done, it's put back together, I have only driven it a few miles in town though, but so far all seems well. Other than the oil drips in my garage floor under the truck that I have to go investigate. Hoping its residual from the work that was done at the dealership. I have all the work and backwards towing documented. Found out the tech had to cut 3 bolts off of the skid plate to get it to come off as the bolts were stripped and spun in the clip on nut plates from the factory. They added Synblend oil and changed the filter. I'll drive it a bit and change that stuff out.

I have the connecting Rod bolt, I'm going to mount it on a piece of wood.

Ford is offering me a 5/75 ESP or a 5/100 power train warranty.

Not sure which one to go with. The power train is a 40,000 additional mile coverage, but the 5/75 is way more comprehensive of a plan with 15,000 additional coverage above the 60,000 power train standard. I will probably take the 5/75 because I'm not sure I will put 68, 000 miles on in 4 years.

I'm going to ask Ford if I can buy additional years and mileage and add it on to the 5/75

Thanks for all the inputs and listening to me go on.
And thanks to Crystal for helping out as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$0 deductible and first day rental too?

Don't know yet , I just cancelling my 3rd party bumper to bumper. I never should have paid for that. I find out that the dealerships where I live don't usually deal with this particular company. So I'm taking my rebate from the 3rd party deal and going to see if I can put that towards a longer time and mileage ESP from Ford since they are offering me a 5/75 bumper to bumper.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody likes to find extra parts floating around inside an engine/trans/pumpkin, etc. Glad to see that the dealership took care of the problem and that Ford is offering to throw in an extended warranty as well. Win win.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody likes to find extra parts floating around inside an engine/trans/pumpkin, etc. Glad to see that the dealership took care of the problem and that Ford is offering to throw in an extended warranty as well. Win win.

When I look back on it now, I need to actually be thankful for the Ford tech that put my oil plug on an air wrench, put it in cross thread and drove it home. If it weren't for him I never would have used that qtip bent 90 degrees to look for any remaining metal shavings around the drain hole and subsequently bumped into the connecting rod bolt. Probably never would have gone anywhere unless I was jumping my truck, but if it ever lofted itself out of the bottom of the pan it could turn into a very bad day!

I'm glad it's out of there.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I look back on it now, I need to actually be thankful for the Ford tech that put my oil plug on an air wrench, put it in cross thread and drove it home. If it weren't for him I never would have used that qtip bent 90 degrees to look for any remaining metal shavings around the drain hole and subsequently bumped into the connecting rod bolt. Probably never would have gone anywhere unless I was jumping my truck, but if it ever lofted itself out of the bottom of the pan it could turn into a very bad day!

I'm glad it's out of there.

Did they end up pulling the front end apart to get to it?

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they end up pulling the front end apart to get to it?

The sway bar, the 4 bolt cross member, and some misc stuff needed to come down, when I looked at the truck on the lift with the pan off the pumpkin did not appear to have been messed with, additionally, the control arms were untouched, shocks all in place and tie rods together. So it didn't look too invasive.
No alignment needed

Looking at the job guide the service manager showed me prior is what had me spooked. Maybe the tech didn't need to do all of it to get to the pan.

It's all back, looks to be well done, I checked what I could and spent a lot of time under the truck yesterday with a bright light looking at bolt heads to see what was taken off, and wire bundle routing. I think he did a great job, the pan is not leaking anywhere and so far the 4x4 is behaving properly.