Your not going to believe this!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone who has worked around cars for a while will recognize this plug, ford used them to plug off the trans fill hole before the dipstick was installed. first time I saw one many moons ago I was like wtf is this. soooooo don't panic if you find this in the pan. not really sure ford still uses these.

Attachments

• uselesspart1.jpg
    uselesspart1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 180

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
LOL, sounds my technicians respond in the same manner.

D

Deleted member 12951

Based on that response from Ford, sounds like they could care less that this is an issue or that the owner of this truck has concerns. Good luck getting a longer warranty on the engine from Ford. I bet they throw you under the bus.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on that response from Ford, sounds like they could care less that this is an issue or that the owner of this truck has concerns. Good luck getting a longer warranty on the engine from Ford. I bet they throw you under the bus.

For some reason today, I'm strangely optimistic.

But the funny thing is Ford talks about tranny pans and bell housings ....never mentions OIL PANS! LOL

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So. I went to the dealer today and looked up into the bottom of my engine. All bolts accounted for. The service manager printed off the hot line report. I laughed pretty hard.

Read it.

And there is the bolt.
I see that there isn't any Loctite debris on the rod bolt, so that would make sense since it was never installed. Maybe some pissed off factory worker tossed this in the pan on his last shift? Was your truck built on a Friday?