YOUR BLACK BOX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
EDR/ADR - Big Brother is Always Watching You :O You may or may not know that your vehicle is equipped with a “Black Box”
EDR-Event Data Recorder / ACR-Accident Data Recorder. Introduced in 93/94? Mandatory early 2000’s.
If you are involved in an accident the PoPo or INS Company can pull your Black Box info. Some states require a Search Warrant I believe to obtain the info. It’s usually only done on Fatalities or Serious Bodily Injury wrecks. IT WILL RAT YOU OUT!! Just some of the info available is speed prior to impact, braking, seatbelts etc.
Our resident Ford Tech can explain the other Black Box info that the dealership can obtain. I’m not sure what if any performance mods it can detect that they can use against you later to void your warranty. This is why I’ve always left mine stock. I’m riding an 8yr/150k ESP.
I know of a guy that tried to get his Porsche 911 engine replaced because he blew it up :0 Dealership pulled the info... Learn how to Shift MF wax their response. Kept Red Lining it until it went Boom :(
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_data_recorder

Last edited:

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are these posts inside the Prospective raptors forum? I don't get it.. And the other two below this one.