You never know when it's your time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
The BEAVER Shovel looks Kool as Fuxk! Especially if you have it strapped somewhere on your Raptor, when you roll into Bucks. The TRD boys will so jealous, they may even ask you about it ;)
Personally, I would hurt myself with it, sticking into my foot or cost myself $350 for a KM3 trying to dig it out with the Angry Beaver ;)

E64FA09B-6287-479F-9336-C13F42EE2352.jpegFB5A5CF0-3618-410E-80A4-B8929E68668A.jpegD91C20DE-7BD8-4825-BD2C-847E6CF11DCF.jpegACEEDE24-F807-4498-805B-84B34516C53E.jpeg1406AC4D-55DA-437B-96C9-9CAE16BA9BF6.jpeg

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A "receiver hitch" is the part on the truck. A "ballmount" goes into receiver hitch.

My ballmount is a soild steel forging, not square tubing. It's a heavy ****. The 4" drop is forged into it as well, not welded onto tubing.

Good mounts are out there if you look for them.
It sounds like you would still be pulling with the hitch ball and the chance to turn it into a cannon ball.

Last edited:

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
It sounds like you would still be pulling with the ball and the chance to turn it into a cannon ball.
The Ball Shank..lol, that just sounds like the mods will filter that..lol
is the weak link, in addition to throwing the end of a KE Rope over it for a Yank is just crazy, to me anyway. Gonna try a Drag Recovery with your strap that way? Maybe as a last resort without any other viable options.
Trying a KE Yank with a Ball….I’m Out..Exit stage Left :driver::driver::driver:

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ball Shank..lol, that just sounds like the mods will filter that..lol
is the weak link, in addition to throwing the end of a KE Rope is just crazy, to me anyway. Gonna try a Drag Recovery with your strap that way? Maybe as a last resort without any other viable options.
Trying a KE Yank with a Ball….I’m Out..Exit stage Left :driver::driver::driver:
I had picked up one of these for yanking. I had originally gotten the steel version that had another 7000 lbs capacity but it was insanely heavy. This aluminum one still has a lot of capacity and is relatively light. I try to be careful about carrying something that could turn into a missile in an accident.

ALL-TOP Forged Shackle Hitch Receiver (42,000 Lbs Max Break), 2" Receiver & Pin + 3/4" Shackle, with Isolator & Washers. Heavy Duty Powder Coated.​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PCNLDGJ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

71+N+qqOqzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I got one of these for towing. I know it's way overkill for the Raptor, but the heavy weight of it means it will NEVER rattle on you. Even when it's not loaded, it's silent.

CURT 45313 Class 4 Trailer Hitch Ball Mount, Fits 2-Inch Receiver, 12,000 lbs, 1-1/4-Inch Hole, 4-Inch Drop, 3-Inch Rise , Black

61KsgjF7o4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

CURT 40090 Chrome Trailer Hitch Ball, 10,000 lbs, 2-Inch Diameter, 1-1/4 x 2-5/8-Inch Shank

71hnE5zMAdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had picked up one of these for yanking. I had originally gotten the steel version that had another 7000 lbs capacity but it was insanely heavy. This aluminum one still has a lot of capacity and is relatively light. I try to be careful about carrying something that could turn into a missile in an accident.

ALL-TOP Forged Shackle Hitch Receiver (42,000 Lbs Max Break), 2" Receiver & Pin + 3/4" Shackle, with Isolator & Washers. Heavy Duty Powder Coated.​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PCNLDGJ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

View attachment 390184
How does the shackle hitch fit into the receiver? Most complaints I see on some of these hitches is they fit loosely in the receiver and rattle around a lot. Unfortunately, I think this is common with most hitches.

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These things are really simple and work great for any rattle. I made a giant one here in my shop with 1 inch 17-4 stainless and 1/2 inch grade ten machine table studs on the big extension on the dually 3 inch under the camper, it would probably hold up the camper !