You never know when it's your time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@John M BUNMAN can you post a link to that shovel, We do mostly deep sand, I have not found one so cool as that yet (race red version ??) please ? I have the little foldable guy and my brand new 1 1/4 bubba rope and 7/16 soft shackles so I'm itchin to get ma Fat@zz stuck somthin fierce. Hittin Glamis prez day if I can't get stuck nobody can !!

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ALL,

Just to be clear, I bought the bubba rope BECAUSE of that video, Just wanted to clarify on my making light of getting stuck. This thread started out as a serious matter and as always some great knowledge to be gained from all who contributed, thank you.
BS (And I do mess with the TP )

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@John M BUNMAN can you post a link to that shovel, We do mostly deep sand, I have not found one so cool as that yet (race red version ??) please ?

I’m not the Bunnery Sergeant, but I know he’s talking about the murder spork(™) https://krazybeavertools.com/collections/frontpage/murder-spork

ETA: yes, they do have race red and several other colors. Sorry @Nex, no primer gray murder spork for you. They do, however, sell the murder spork, terrible shovel edition: https://krazybeavertools.com/collections/frontpage/products/light-yellow-black-handle

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
@John M BUNMAN can you post a link to that shovel, We do mostly deep sand, I have not found one so cool as that yet (race red version ??) please ? I have the little foldable guy and my brand new 1 1/4 bubba rope and 7/16 soft shackles so I'm itchin to get ma Fat@zz stuck somthin fierce. Hittin Glamis prez day if I can't get stuck nobody can !!
I found them at Costco of all places!?
It’s a seasonal item so not sure if they still have them.
Someone else bought them when I posted them a while back, I think they were able to get red?

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I'll reply to my own question here and flag that in the video breaking down the AZ recovery (reposted below) the guy says NOT to connect the rope directly to the hitch pin, for the reason I stated above (potential to bend/break the hitch pin given it's no longer true sheer pressure). I trust that opinion, so it seems like a properly rated hitch & shackle is the way to go.

My opinion is the Hitch pin will work if that’s all you have for you strap if you can get it stuffed into the receiver. Again I would Not try a Snatch with a KE Rope, set up with the hitch pin only, as my weakest link in the system. So many variables to consider, are they STUCK or just hung up?
Bottom line is YOU have to live with whatever System YOU choose to set up. Someone else or I can give suggestions, but it’s Ultimately YOUR choice.
I’m not above walking away from a CHARLIE FOXTROT… Sorry Boys , I’m OUT, y’all are going to get someone hurt or fuxk up someone’s vehicle:)

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
A lot of good information in this thread. Hopefully it starts a few conversations and engages your brain housing group.

Bottom line, if you don't know what you are doing, then stop. Ask questions. Get out and look. If you have to stay stuck in the mud overnight, so be it. Everyone goes home.

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I will just leave these here, in case you have some extra cash at the end of the month or your Wife needs a KE Rope for Valentines Day ;)

0A79F287-EF5C-4387-9DA2-740B013D214C.jpeg933E9AE2-9C95-480C-A8C3-73957B741A1E.jpeg61B1ABDB-6F46-4993-AA69-7B3765D074D3.jpegE16CC190-22B5-4F12-A9D3-9FB074CBA438.jpegA185D57D-C780-4C08-85AE-84A4BDC8769D.jpeg