Yosemite and Lake Tahoe Offroad "Raptor" Friendly Trails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

50 Deep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For south lake tahoe try Genoa Peak trail. About 22 miles long. Access thru Brotovich park(North Benjamin) off of Kingsbury grade. Comes out at the intersection of 28 and 50. Nice views of the lake. If you do this you must go to the top of Genoa Peak. Can drive to it except the last 300ft of elevation you have to hike.
That’s awesome. I will be hitting this up soon. Let me know next time you plan to go!

Jaraptor

Reaction score
I too would like to know of trails wide enough to not get any pinstriping with places that are easy to turn around. I have been up Genoa peak and about 2 miles into the rubicon from the home wood side in a Land Cruiser and I think both trails were wide enough to get through and had turn arounds but I don’t remember if the brush was tight.

Anyone that has run the Genoa peak trail or rubicon from the home wood side recently know if there is enough room to avoid striping on the trail in a Gen2?

Are there any other trails in south lake wide enough for a gen2 without striping?

or2baja

Reaction score
If you are near Tahoe head to Minden/Gardnerville and head out Johnson Lane. You can drive forever out there and there are ways to head all the way out to Fallon, Yerrington etc. It's limitless.

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too would like to know of trails wide enough to not get any pinstriping with places that are easy to turn around. I have been up Genoa peak and about 2 miles into the rubicon from the home wood side in a Land Cruiser and I think both trails were wide enough to get through and had turn arounds but I don’t remember if the brush was tight.

Anyone that has run the Genoa peak trail or rubicon from the home wood side recently know if there is enough room to avoid striping on the trail in a Gen2?

Are there any other trails in south lake wide enough for a gen2 without striping?

I use to live in Homewood. You could go in to the top of Cadilac hill in a Raptor but pass that I think you would likely get rock damage. Depends on what time of year you go. Before the big Jeep events they would go in and smooth out the trail so everyone could get by without bottle necking. No way I would try to do the whole trail in a Raptor.

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are near Tahoe head to Minden/Gardnerville and head out Johnson Lane. You can drive forever out there and there are ways to head all the way out to Fallon, Yerrington etc. It's limitless.
Can completely confirm this. Go out that way with my dad, ol' Sunrise Pass Rd. Not super challenging but you can run out through nothing at speed. If you follow the right paths, I do believe it'll take you all the way to UT. Just please make sure to use your best trail etiquette. Leave it better than you found it, if possible. Area is prone to wildfires so take extra care if you go out shooting too.

Granelli

Reaction score
At spooner summit there are two access points. One towards south lake by the fire station, and one trail down towards carson/voltaire/kings canyon that starts behind the NV DOT Building across from the snowmobile rental/riding area. There is nothing In Incline Village to note. Off of 267 by kings beach are tons of trails, and many hidden at the end of roads in kings beach.

Theres a ton off good easy stuff at boca dam, prosser, dog valley. Moon rocks out in reno, johnson lane in carson, jumbo grade in washoe valley.

Checkout https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/

It's sort of the go to for basic information