Yet another Supercharger thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yea I got a great deal on my Roush installed and I added the FRPP 65mm TB then got a JDM 650 tune it was decent couldn’t really tell much different between the stock Roush tune. Then I added Full SW and got a 5 start tune haven’t hit the dyno yet being told I’m sitting around 450 at tires Wish I had gone whipple! Good job

OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Got my truck back yesterday!!!! Huge shout out to Michael Doscher at Hillbank for doing an awesome job on the install. Total cost was $3500 (give or take) which included installation of the supercharger, new billet oil pump, boost gauge and relocation of my Howe steering pump reservoir. Install was super clean and went without a hitch.

Initial review is that the thing drives basically like a completely stock truck if you stay out of the throttle. Shifts are butter, idle is perfect, drivability is spot on. Get into the throttle and there is considerable amount of power there. I have not gotten on the throttle all the way as I like to let the system run for awhile to ensure no problems and allow the adaptation tables etc. some time to adjust. With that said I have gotten into the throttle at least 75% and high RPM and man does it scoot. The biggest problem is that you are at 100mph before you even know it and that feels REALLY fast in this truck.

My only issue which isn't REALLY an issue is the whine from the supercharger. I would prefer a completely silent system but that isn't really an option with a supercharger now is it??? There is a little bit of whine at freeway speeds that I think will annoy me but I think it is noise getting through the firewall somewhere. I will need to track that down.

Regardless I could not be more happy with my choice! Obviously it is so new to me will I am sure I will have more opinions the more I drive it. I will update you as things progress!

On a complete sidenote, I stopped at SVC Offroad to pickup some Traction Bars on the way home. Got to meet Jarrett Valenti the owner. Couldn't be nicer ior run a nicer shop. These guys know their stuff.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Roush is a little quieter for 4 reasons, it's smaller, the compressor blades are four splined screws, the gearing is up front and filter housing is a lot more closed off.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and the NVH suppression that occurs in the intake manifold versus compression along the spatial reduction of the cavity along the rotors of the screw. BTW, I’m a fan of both TS and Roots depending on the application. Nothing is perfect at everything.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roush belts can only be bought through roush..... not cheap either.
$125ish?
Whipple belts are $37-$40
100k miles on my alt. No issues
100k miles on the whipple too, no issues.
527 rwhp
87 octane
Std 3.500 pulley.
LOL what? its a belt. Take it to a parts store, measure it, and order a spare.

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Roush is definitely quiet. Comparing it to my old Harley truck with silencer holes plugged and 16 Lbs boost, now that one SCREAMED when I got on it. Roush exhaust is loud and I notice zero blower whine on the Raptor.

Justbob

Reaction score
Maybe not the right thread for this, but researching the Whipple, oil pump, (seeming need for) headers to take real advantage of SC, and the effort and labor to install (especially headers), for anyone that has done this themselves, thoughts on just pulling the engine to start with? My experience is limited on EFI engine pulls, but if the front clip is pulled, I feel like that actually maybe an easier route, even if it takes a little longer (seems like 8 hours min for both headers and blower), thinking headers would be all of 1-2 hours at most with engine out. Add on the time for other upgrades and seems like the hassle saved may be worth it (assuming doing a lot in one shot). I am just contemplating just going “all in” as personally I have “slow rolled” many of my projects/vehicles over the years and have laughed at the fact that “this I the third time in 4 years that I’ve pulled....(blank)” to do another upgrade.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Roush trucks did not come with headers or OPG, just the blower and they work fine. Base those mods on your HP goals.

If I was doing headers, OPG and a blower I would seriously consider lifting the cab, at a minimum pulling the front clip. You will have better access to everything, it will make the entire project a lot nicer (less strain on your body, hands etc), and you have a much better chance at doing a high quality job. You can focus on the work rather than the access issues.