Yet another 37" Tire Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I know, topic has been beat to death and I've read all the threads but still don't seem to have a definitive answer. Lots of confusion.

My scenario: Picking up my '14 raptor tomorrow from dealer. Want to start modding immediately. One of those mods being 37" tires. From my understanding, top perch is out of the question on '12+ raptors.

Would like get Method 'The Standard' wheels.

I am open to buying any fenders/liners needed as well as any kind of pounding, cutting, etc that is needed provided it doesn't f-up the truck.

I do plan on off-roading heavily with this beast.

Question: On mid-perch will this work or will I still experience rubbing issues. etc? Thanks

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You clearly didn't read the other threads. As much as you want a yes or no answer, there isn't one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mid perch and fenders / liners with pinch welds beat down you will have no problems. Just got mine done and no issues

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I think most members with the above mods have successfully ran 37's. There is actually a guy (Netix) that is running 39's on stock fenders. (heavily modded of course)
1604581_10151977360451985_607512433_n.jpg

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing is written in stone about this topic, but here's my understanding.

• If you want to run any brand 37" tires and want to run the truck hard in the dirt, you definitely need to hammer/trim back the pinch weld.
  • If you want to run BFG All-Terrain 37" tires on OEM wheels, you might be able to get away with only trimming the pinch weld.
  • If you want to run BFG All-Terrain 37" tires w/ aftermarket wheels (less backspace than OEM), you'll probably have to do some minor trimming on your fenders, flares, and fender liners or get aftermarket fenders/liners.
  • If you want to run any other 37" tire than a BFG AT, you'll have to do all of the above with a little more modification to each or get aftermarket fenders/liners.

I think that sums it up pretty good.

EDIT: Netix's truck w/ 39" tires in the photo above is a POS... ball joint spacers... major mods to the firewall... and what not to achieve enough lift to clear those tires. You said you didn't want to screw up your truck to clear 37" tires, so I don't suggest you go the route he did. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed 37" General Grabbers Red Label Race on my '14 SE beadlocks (with Beauties installed).

Suspension all stock with front set to mid-perch.

-Rears clear perfectly fine with tons of room to spare.
-Driver side front clears with 1/8" or less clearance to the upper control arm.
-Passenger side front touches with the rubber boot against tire from upper control arm. However can drive around without any damage to the boot yet...

This is with suspension not having been aligned after mid perch mod. Hoping that alignment will help - if not will try a 1/4" wheel spacer

EDIT: don't know about the impact on clearance with any sort of articulation yet - might be ok - might not

Last edited:
OP
OP
factive

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing is written in stone about this topic, but here's my understanding.

• If you want to run any brand 37" tires and want to run the truck hard in the dirt, you definitely need to hammer/trim back the pinch weld.
  • If you want to run BFG All-Terrain 37" tires on OEM wheels, you might be able to get away with only trimming the pinch weld.
  • If you want to run BFG All-Terrain 37" tires w/ aftermarket wheels (less backspace than OEM), you'll probably have to do some minor trimming on your fenders, flares, and fender liners or get aftermarket fenders/liners.
  • If you want to run any other 37" tire than a BFG AT, you'll have to do all of the above with a little more modification to each or get aftermarket fenders/liners.

I think that sums it up pretty good.

Thanks. After picking up the truck, I like the SE wheels a lot more than I thought I would. Think I'll stick with those instead of getting Methods. Now to decide about new fenders/liners. Getting a wrap so gotta decide soon.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't be cheap ad just get fenders with mid perch or get a set of 3.0 shocks since you'll be doing some heavy off road it'll help a lot! And have the 3.0's set between mid perch and too perch this will also help clear the 37's!

I ran toyo 37's with stock fenders but I had to grind down te pinch weld trim te wheel well liners and I have a 2010 so I'm on too perch!

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Also something to keep in mind, someone else had already posted a thread about this, but method standards will not fit '14's.. but the nv's will.... something about bigger rotors or something. But if your keeping the stockers its a non issue.