Yes, there IS an update for the 2011 Sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you say you ran it thru Ford and it said you didn't have any update...

was that at syncmyride.com or thru a Ford dealer or something?

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I am SM at ford dealer so I ran my own vehicle through sync to check for update. Sync is by far one system that isn't my favorite to mess with. but Through fords site I ran my vin and sync version number to see and searched for update and it came up with none but this weekend if I rememeber and have time I'm going to Hook up the scan tool and see if it knows something that the Oasis isn't showing me

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got my sync updated at the dealership a few days ago and it has worked perfect so far

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
I was in to have my oil dumped yesterday (1k) and asked the dealer to check the sync for update. My newest problem is only partial availability of my phone book. Only about half of the letter choices in the phone book are available for access. They were able to duplicate my problems but found no updates available. I was told that the tech would send out an email to Ford asking for direction. Lots of quirks but nothing life changing. I'll try to wait patiently.

rbumpus

Reaction score
Can Anyone PLEASE help me.
i currently installed the update 3.2.2 and it broke me connection to my Verizon iPhone. i need to revert backwards to 3.2

Does anyone have a copy of this available as i lost my original flash drive.
i can be emailed at [email protected]

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can Anyone PLEASE help me.
i currently installed the update 3.2.2 and it broke me connection to my Verizon iPhone. i need to revert backwards to 3.2

Does anyone have a copy of this available as i lost my original flash drive.
i can be emailed at [email protected]

Funny. Thought your name looked familiar. Saw you post on the SYNC Community Forum. I've been having issues with the latest 3.2.2 update as well. Apparently they don't believe in testing their updates. For me, my iPhone phonebook downloads with the names in backwards order 'Last, Middle, First'. Had to change the sort order on my iPhone and delete and then redownload the phonebook on sync. Although, I changed the setting back on my phone as scrolling by first name isn't ideal. I'll have to see if this reverts the workaround. Currently using an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0.1 (Jailbroken)