Yes, there IS an update for the 2011 Sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mods, put this where u want.

Went to dealer today, local radio guy hooked up his toughbook, removed a module under the rubber mat on top of the dash and disconnected the module, ran an update ( that the Ford CS and Sync Guys apparently do not know about) and sync is perfect.

He explained the fuse/ battery disconnect is part of the fix, but not necessary and only part of the upgrade.

Do yourself a favor and get an appt to have this update loaded into ur truck if ur having sync, Bluetooth, connectivity or freeze issues.

Later.

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out. Do you know when they started to use the updated software from the factory? That may help for people who got early builds.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah no kidding. I have called my dealer a few times for the same problem and they are just like, "whatever man, we don't know anything..."

CB17

Reaction score
Mods, put this where u want.

Went to dealer today, local radio guy hooked up his toughbook, removed a module under the rubber mat on top of the dash and disconnected the module, ran an update ( that the Ford CS and Sync Guys apparently do not know about) and sync is perfect.

He explained the fuse/ battery disconnect is part of the fix, but not necessary and only part of the upgrade.

Do yourself a favor and get an appt to have this update loaded into ur truck if ur having sync, Bluetooth, connectivity or freeze issues.

Later.

Do you happen to know what the software version was and what it now is with the update???

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Good to hear it, would love to know what the latest version number is.

While we software developers work very hard to be as incompetent as possible, phone support is tasked with ensuring full customer enragement. :jester:

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More details needed. Did this audio guy load an actual Sync update? Version? what is it? Where did he get it?

Call me skeptical.

However I did chat with a Sync tech today. He suggested the Owner to Owner Sync forums where some of their engineers occasionally chime in. While this was not from an engineer...I did find this posting from 2 weeks ago,

"I was having the same problem with my iPhone 3GS which suddenly lost the ability to find the SYNC Bluetooth signal. I contacted my dealer and learned there was a recent recall on Sync that requires a software update by the audio service technicians at your Ford dealership. I had the update installed recently and it seems to be working now. "

Interesting...because my iPhone 4 was working pretty good for a couple weeks. But now it cannot do any BT audio streaming, fails to re-pair, is not recognized by Sync even though the phone shows connected...and Sync will say "already connected".

Ford Techs...has there been a TSB on this? or something similar?

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple funny snippets from my chat with the Sync guy (Nick):

you: So I guess having to re-pair my phone, turn BT on and off, etc is kind of par for the course right now?
Nick: Yes unfortunately. I'm assuming you've had Bluetooth connectivity issues?

you: I also hate that if I have any stored music in the iPod...truck would always just start playing it whenever I would get in the truck.
Nick: This flaw seems to be affecting a lot of customers, that get the same result that you get.

you: Anyway...I only jumped in to find the XM thing...Thanks for your help ... gotta run.
Nick: No problem. Sorry about the design of the system.

----------
Unfortunate, issues, flaw, sorry about the design...priceless.