Yes! Finally back in a Gen 1!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Great question and IMO, screws are too damn big and V6s should be for Broncos and Explorers, not Raptors. If I could make a Frankenstein, I would put the TRX engine in a Raptor scab and consider it a perfect truck. The closest to that will be my current Gen 1 with a whipple. Scabs and V8s rule. The TRX makes awesome noise and it's fast, but it does not excite me like my Raptors and it feels very big/heavy. The interior of the TRX is unmatched and in a class of its own. I think from an Exterior standpoint, the Raptors look better and more aggressive.

She's at the shop now getting Eibachs, Deavers and Exhaust installed. The wheels/Tires should be here next week. I am going with the Stage 2 JDM Whipple kit next and a 40" Baja Designs behind the grill light bar as the next mods. I just did the pass-through wire connections last night for the upfitters, I forgot how crappy Ford did with giving you no wire slack to work with and no labels on the wires.
To me, cause no raptor deserves the disservice of a V6, the only real options seem to be:
a) Keep the Gen 1 running forever
b) buy a TRX
c) win the Powerball to try to get an R

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post some pics of the truck once you get the deavers and Eibach's on please. I'm gonna do a little refresh on my G1 and I was thinking the same springs F&R. The Eibach's look to sit pretty tall in the front but I never see good enough pics to tell though.

Shop just texted me this pic. Eibachs and Deaver+3s installed. Methods and 37s should be here next week. More pics to follow.

IMG_0040.jpg

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shop just texted me this pic. Eibachs and Deaver+3s installed. Methods and 37s should be here next week. More pics to follow.

View attachment 383244

I'm laughing to myself because I'm day drinking and for no good reason whatsoever this reminds me of my old roommate who would always walk on his tippy toes. Calfs like a sumo wrestler.