Yes! Finally back in a Gen 1!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xjjoey

Reaction score
@Big Blue Do you mind measuring if this setup is over 7ft? Would like to do eibachs +37's but need to be under 7ft tall at the highest point for a parking garage.

al415

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not. I decided to hold off on the blower for now and got a JDM tune/CAI for the time being.

How is the tune / CAI dealing with the 37s? (vs a whipple). JDM are right up the road from me and did most of the work on my (just sold) Gen 2. I’ve started thinking a Gen 1 SC done by then will be the next move and your truck just looks the business.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is the tune / CAI dealing with the 37s? (vs a whipple). JDM are right up the road from me and did most of the work on my (just sold) Gen 2. I’ve started thinking a Gen 1 SC done by then will be the next move and your truck just looks the business.

Great, they called me when I ordered the tune to confirm everything and I told them about the 37s which they incorporated into it, so my Speedometer is spot on. Just like my Gen 2 I was very specific when shopping for 37s as rotating mass is your biggest enemy, not size. The 37" Cooper Discoverer STT Pro is 1 lbs lighter per tire than the 35" Toyos I had on my original Gen 1. If I was local I would definitely have JDM do the Whipple install. They have a long history and impeccable reputation.