Yes! Finally back in a Gen 1!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey wait a minute…. I’m still posting pictures of my Raptor on Subaru Outback Trails with my “Thesbian Lover” ( No Offense, not that there’s anything wrong with that ;) )
But Sadly Sir, you are correct. I’ve been in a Raptor since day one in 2010. Every Option Shell, Lights and a few other accessories, out the door for $55k. Sold it 9 yrs later, 200k miles, for $21k.
Vegas is Raptor Pavement Princess Capital of the World! Sadly it’s become a “Status Symbol“ My fleet manager of 30+ years estimates 90% of the Vegas Raptors he’s sold, have never been further Off-Road than the Sams Club parking lot :happy175::happy160:

I’m not a hard core Off-Roader by any stretch of the imagination, but I am in the Desert 2-4 days a week. In Reality I could do most of my Trails in a King Ranch with 35” shoes..but… I do Trails in the Raptor at speeds that would have flipped my Rubicon on it’s back. 8 hrs in the Raptor on the Trails I can walk the next day.
4 hrs in the Ruby with a Teriflex lift and I can’t walk the next day.
Since day 1 in 2010, I have told people it’s like Driving in an Escalade on AND Off-Road. My Gen2 even more so than my Gen1. No other Factory Truck, off the lot comes close IMHO
I actually got rid of my jl wrangler for my raptor. Huge difference off-roading. Although this is mainly delegated to overlanding and camping. I wanted something that wouldn’t muster my back. Off roading and more complicated stuff is for my 96 bronco when it’s finished.

dfw186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think as the prices of new trucks have skyrocketed the market for the these trucks have shifted hard to those with "real" money. I bought my truck as a 24 year old new off the lot and I couldn't imagine doing the same with a new truck; I wouldn't be able to afford it. A ton of the GEN1 owners were in the same realm as me (mid to late 20s, early 30s) and as GEN2s came to be the age bracket shifted to the right even more... and now GEN3 even more so. Those with real money care more about protecting their investment then they do sending it. Also GEN1 Raptors were in the top third of cost and could be a reasonable alternative for some compared to the Platinum/King Ranch level of trucks.... GEN3 Raptor R is the most expensive F150 (dealer markup or not) and the "regular" GEN3 is near the top as well.

Not saying there aren't younger GEN3 owners and GEN3 owners that don't go from the dealer to the desert, but it seems like the niche Raptor owner of old is gone and now its status symbol Raptor owner.

I know I sound salty.
well said. as a Gen 3 owner in your age realm, I am maybe that type of owner that others look down upon because the first thing I did was to install PPF. But it is more like a mix of protecting investment and sending it. I don't even think PPF is a good investment or a good way to protect my investment financially. I just feel more comfortable taking my gen3 out in trails with PPF on it.

And I think gen3 owners can do differently than gen1's because I think the US is where its people embrace differences:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts