Yearly Detail in progress.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bull

Reaction score
Getting my truck clay barred and waxed today. Do you guys like to do it yourself or prefer to have somebody else do it.
I wanted to but it's so much work.

UezYHJsl.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bull

Bull

Reaction score
It's a lot of work, but it's rewarding in the end when you see the finished product. And if I do it I know it's done to my standards and the way I want it done.

I totally understand that, I felt bad hovering while the guy was working but I wanted to make sure he did all the proper steps based on what I've seen on tutorial videos.

I paid $150 plus supplies, does that seem fair?

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well. I'm not sure what that kinda work goes for down there. Round home for me a clamber, Polish, wax, interior detail package would run north of 300cad. More at some places. Depending on quality of products. I think that prolly not bad. I just use the Adams polishes stuff. So I can only really base the price of my detail off that.

OP
OP
Bull

Bull

Reaction score
Adams is good, i actually ended up going with the Patriot wax.

Ryan Renne

Reaction score
Had mine done last Friday. I couldn't do what these guys did. My guy did a paint correction polish and then added a ceramic coating. Looks amazing and should provide me with plenty of protection over the next 2 years. It's pricey but worth the investment.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobW33

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think clay and wax is pretty easy. If you need to cut your clear coat it gets to be a real pain in the butt if you don't have the tools and experience. I've done it on a black Tacoma that was about 6 years old and it took me three passes. First with "heavy cut" then second pass with mild cut followed by a polish - than wax. But wow what a difference. This was on a garaged truck with paint in very good condition. I can't imagine how much work it would be for paint that's been neglected.

OP
OP
Bull

Bull

Reaction score
I think clay and wax is pretty easy. If you need to cut your clear coat it gets to be a real pain in the butt if you don't have the tools and experience. I've done it on a black Tacoma that was about 6 years old and it took me three passes. First with "heavy cut" then second pass with mild cut followed by a polish - than wax. But wow what a difference. This was on a garaged truck with paint in very good condition. I can't imagine how much work it would be for paint that's been neglected.

Yea apparently it's important to use a spectrophotometer to measure your clear coat every time you do it, you dont want to fall below a certain amount or you could actually be doing more harm than anything else.