Yeah...I realllly want a Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FineLineMtrSprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always have since day one I heard about them. Few things been holding me back...
the MPG's, which yes I have a very short commute right now but with my unstable field of work that could change and ,like my wife, have to drive 50-70miles one way for work but whatever..

the cost..yeah they aint cheap! lol My Wrangler stickers for just under 39...got it for just under 32 but we do have some wiggle room to pay more than we are paying now every month. I reallllllllllly want a Supercrew and sure the Scab has "enough" room for me and the wife..no kids yet but working on it. But, there are times i load up buddies and go on short road trips to wash dc or baltimore and we are all good size guys so i realy feel I would be settling on a scab for a screw...and if im going to get one might as well pay the extra 1k-1500 bucks. No matter what its DAMN hard to find a used screw for under 45k with fairly low miles.

Found a 2001 with 30k miles for 44k but its 60 miles away and a 2010 with 67k miles scab for 33k..but its got the 5.4 and I also really want the 6.2.
I havent even test driven one yet...but only because I know i will really want it. i did that when i test drove a F150 Lightning, i had dreams about ti for 2 days and decided i MUST have one...so i did and once it was all said and done it made 420hp/530ft-lbs trq at the wheels..but had to sell it due to my divorce.

But oh well thats my story...im really just holding myself back and i know i could deal with the mpg's if i had to so really only things holding me back are monthly payment and actually finding a good deal on one to trade in the jeep and finance lol.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The resale value of the Raptor makes up for it all... I bought my 5.4L Scab in Oct of 09 for 39k drove it for 2.5 years sold it with 41k miles on it for 39k...

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone will tell you it's totally worth it! I got my 2010 Scab in December of 2010 with 7 miles on it. Still have it to this day I paid 47,000 for mine and I've had dealerships offer me 50,000 for it the way it sits. It does have low miles being a 2010 I only have 47,386.3 right now cause it say for almost a year while I was deployed haha. Go test drive one and I bet you'll fall in love with it no matter what raptor it is scab or screw and it'll e hard to walk away from it!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afternoon...please drive one...be careful getting a used Raptor...you really need to do your due diligence

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

One more thing...I assume you mean a 2011 not a 2001...prices sound high...when you should be able to get a new one for $50k...

OP
OP
FineLineMtrSprt

FineLineMtrSprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? You found a Raptor you like but "it's 60 miles away." Can't your Jeep Wrangler go 60 miles so you can go buy it?

yes it can go 60 miles lol..i actually got it at a dealer 105 miles away. but now my only days off are sunday and monday..and tuesdays i work 730pm to 330am..wed 1130am to 7pm...and thurs,fri sat 7pm-330am so its hard to find time some days...and im resisting very badly lol

Afternoon...please drive one...be careful getting a used Raptor...you really need to do your due diligence

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

One more thing...I assume you mean a 2011 not a 2001...prices sound high...when you should be able to get a new one for $50k...

yeah i meant 2011....but around here you will be lucky to even find a raptor let alone someone willing to deal on one. and yes ill check it out VERY VERY carefully my test drive usually last about 45mins and involve with me crawling under the vehicle and pissing off the salesman because i nitpick lol

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes it can go 60 miles lol..i actually got it at a dealer 105 miles away. but now my only days off are sunday and monday..and tuesdays i work 730pm to 330am..wed 1130am to 7pm...and thurs,fri sat 7pm-330am so its hard to find time some days...and im resisting very badly lol

yeah i meant 2011....but around here you will be lucky to even find a raptor let alone someone willing to deal on one. and yes ill check it out VERY VERY carefully my test drive usually last about 45mins and involve with me crawling under the vehicle and pissing off the salesman because i nitpick lol

Good luck...may I also suggest having them throw in an extended warranty...and provide you with a "oil analysis" on their dime as well...

OP
OP
FineLineMtrSprt

FineLineMtrSprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah after looking at what they go fo invoice....hell even 1k over...i would rather travel 300 miles and get one for the same price i can get one used within 75 miles of me. So im keep my fingers crossed....ugh should have done this first instead of getting my jeep lol

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I hear 2010 is the best year for modification, with 2011 being basically the same except allowing for a SCREW. Basically what I'm getting at is if you don't get a 2011, I would definitely get a brand new one over a used 2012, budget allowing. The price difference shouldn't be all that much (considering the total to already be around 50K either way)

But, 2011 would be my personal first choice if you want to modify it and have a SCREW.