Yea!!! We made the top 10!! LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Phyguy, I'm sure that the partial pressure of O2 at your altitude has some effect. As for me, I'm 57, my truck weighs six thousand pounds, gas is $3.50 per gallon, and I drive accordingly. (But when necessary I drive like I've got 411 horses at my disposal!)

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know what? I don't care about the mileage. I had the Raptor up at 12,600 feet going up and over Cinnamon Pass in Colorado just a month ago, did stream crossings, and did frightfully steep, rough, very rocky terraine. The Raptor took it all as easly as it pulls out of my driveway. That's what I bought it for, and it does it all smoothly and effortlessly. I bought it for capability, not mileage. If I wanted mpg I would have bought a hybred that can't drive clear of its own exhaust.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got done going through this crap with my H3... Now that Hummer is dead, I really don't hear Gas Mileage Qs anymore. Sad thing is that, "What is the gas mileage?" is now the first thing asked about any vehicle I drive.

I don't give a S**t what the MPGs are. Where did the. Hoursepower, Torgue, number of tranny gears, or gear ratios questions go? Above statement includes so called "car people."

I average 12.7 in my 6.2 S-crew. Mostly driver influenced.

(It is a good thing to have a 6 mile round trip commute to work)

Last edited:

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done going through this crap with my H3... Not that Hummer is dead, I really don't hear Gas Mileage Qs anymore. Sad thing is that, "What is the gas mileage?" is now the first thing asked about any vehicle I drive.

I don't give a S**t what the MPGs are. Where did the. Hoursepower, Torgue, number of tranny gears, or gear ratios questions go? Above statement includes so called "car people."

I average 12.7 in my 6.2 S-crew. Mostly driver influenced.

(It is a good thing to have a 6 mile round trip commute to work)

Right on, I am getting about 13 and my round trip to work is 3 miles so going out to burn some fuel is for my pleasure.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
My commute is 9 miles round trip. That said, my truck seems to miraculously accumulate miles. I've had it just over 7 months and I'm approaching 11k miles already.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol... If your commute is 6 miles, you shouldn't be too concerned about mileage. I agree.

When you live in a big state and do 1,500 miles a week, it plays a big part in paying $140 every two weeks, or every day :)

My F250 only holds 26 gallons, but at 18-20 mpg on the highway, I still fill up less than the Raptor. And I'm curious who gets 17 on a 6.2 all the time? lol

I never got that kind of mileage, and I'm a sea level. I saw 15.5 a few times, but never as high as 17.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
lol... If your commute is 6 miles, you shouldn't be too concerned about mileage. I agree.

When you live in a big state and do 1,500 miles a week, it plays a big part in paying $140 every two weeks, or every day :)

My F250 only holds 26 gallons, but at 18-20 mpg on the highway, I still fill up less than the Raptor. And I'm curious who gets 17 on a 6.2 all the time? lol

I never got that kind of mileage, and I'm a sea level. I saw 15.5 a few times, but never as high as 17.

My best ever was 17.1 and that was purely freeway, no AC, and going the speed limit (65). And drafting. With a tailwind.

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My grandfather came to visit from California to meet my wife and stuff. I showed him my new truck, all proud of myself I start telling him all the things it can do and how awsome it is. He stays silent throughout the whole conversation. At the end he asks me "How many miles per gallon?" and I respond.. "10.5 mpg" he looks away from me and says... "NOT A VERY SMART INVESTMENT..."

man... that really pissed me off... I also don't care about MPG... people waste money on other stupid shit, I rather have fun in my truck and enjoy every second I am in it whether its driving to work or washing my truck... I LOVE IT. I think I made a good investment because this is actually the first time I get so excited every morning to wake up and get into my truck, blast those speakers, and thank God for giving me the oportunity to have this truck... soooo :flipthebird: grandpa