Yea!!! We made the top 10!! LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biggest Gas Guzzlers
By Colleen Kane | CNBC – Wed, Aug 24, 2011 3:55 PM

Typically the bigger the autos and the higher their performance, the more gas they’re going to need. That’s not considered a good thing in these enlightened times, on a planet with a finite supply of fossil fuels. Hence, numerous organizations keep track of which vehicles require the most juice, and they publish lists of the best performers and worst offenders.

MORE AT CNBC.COM
» Biggest Gas Guzzlers

» Most Expensive Cars to Own

» Most Fuel-Efficient Vehicles 2011

» Million Dollar Cars

Two such organizations supplied lists and information for this collection of the latest and not-so-greatest gas guzzlers: Edmunds.com and the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. The council provided its 2011 Meanest Vehicles for the Environment list. Edmunds.com, in addition to fuel economy, takes into account emissions and other factors.

To give more depth of perspective, Edmunds.com, used official EPA fuel economy numbers for combined city and highway driving, and current national-average fuel prices from AAA to determine a monthly fuel cost for the vehicles on their list (assuming 1,250 miles driven monthly). See which specific makes and models are guilty as guzzlers.

Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML63 AMG

MPG city: 11

MPG highway: 15

The 2011 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML63 AMG midsize SUV (pictured here) costs $400 a month to run on premium gas, and so does the Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG full-size SUV with off-roading capability, says Edmunds. The Mercedes-Benz G-Class G550 SUV with off-roading capability costs $369 per month to run on premium gas.

Chevrolet Express G2500

MPG city: 10

MPG highway: 16

The 2011 and 2012 Chevrolet Express G2500, pictured here, costs $373 per month to drive using regular gas, according to Edmunds.com. Another model from Chevrolet G2500, also makes the list with 13 miles per gallon city and 18 miles per gallon highway.

Lincoln Navigator

MPG city: 13

MPG highway: 18

The Lincoln Navigator (FFV) sport utility vehicle earned a slot on ACEEE’s 2011 Meanest Vehicles for the Environment list, and not for the first time.

Lexus LFA

MPG highway: 16

Edmunds.com reports the 2012 Lexus LFA sports coupe costs $400 a month to run on premium gas.

Ford F-150 Raptor

MPG highway: 14

The Ford F-150 Raptor off-roading pickup truck (pictured here) and the Ford F-250 (FFV) (Class 2B) fared not much better on the ACEEE list, with 12 miles per gallon city and 16 miles per gallon highway.

Dodge Ram

MPG city: 13

The Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab (Class 2B) is a maxi-pickup truck. It has plenty of room for passengers and it chugs down plenty of gas, earning it a spot on the ACEEE’s 2011 Meanest Vehicles for the Environment list.

Bentley Mulsanne

The Bentley Mulsanne performance luxury car, pictured here, is guilty of guzzling, and the Bentley Continental GTC convertible also has a ravenous appetite for gas, with 11 miles per gallon city and 18 miles per gallon highway, according to the ACEEE Meanest Vehicles for the Environment list.

BMW M6

MPG highway: 17

The 2010 BMW M6 luxury sports car, pictured here, and the high performance M5 both cost $369 monthly to run on regular gas, says Edmunds.com.

Bugatti Veyron

MPG city: 8

MPG highway: 15

The Bugatti Veyron is chic, but mean enough to the planet be called out by ACEEE for its poor mileage. Its 8 miles per gallon for city driving makes it the worst in fuel economy for city driving on the group's 2011 Meanest Vehicles for the Environment list.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
11 mpg city, 14 highway is unmitigated ********. I get between 15.0 and 15.5 in town and more than 17 mpg on the interstate. That 's 36% better mileage in town and 21% better mileage on the road, so it's anything but statistically insignificant.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
11 mpg city, 14 highway is unmitigated ********. I get between 15.0 and 15.5 in town and more than 17 mpg on the interstate. That 's 36% better mileage in town and 21% better mileage on the road, so it's anything but statistically insignificant.

I get really close too 11:14 as stated in my 6.2, but I'm not a conservative driver. Your gas mileage is probably the most efficient I've heard of in a Raptor. Are you in a 5.4?

Thanks,
MDU

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No sir, it's a 2011 6.2L. It's got an AIRAID intake on it, but it far exceeded the 11 city/14 hwy figures before I installed the AIRAID.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess thats what ya get for driving a 6.2

No worries Hock, I'm sure they will come out with the top 10 of the most underpowered vehicles for the 5.4 folks......j/k!!! :ROFLJest: