Yamashield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But is it dry to the touch or tacky with the Yamashield.

depends how nuts you go w/ it, 2 light coats pretty much dry esp after running engine for a bit, heavy coats will take longer to really penetrate the metal (which is exactly what it does raw aluminum) but will leave some residue on plastics/rubber I find- but it’s also super hydrophobic so if any dust/pollen gets attracted to it you rinse off w/ hose & it’s gone

If I think of it will snap a pic of the engine in my waverunner which has been essentially submerged in Yamashield @ this point, that’s about as heavy as you could possibly go- of course It gets dunked directly in salt water on regular basis too so there’s a reason lol

it’s great stuff

I use it on engine compartments, more “sensitive” undercarriage areas

everywhere else I use the amsoil HDMP, it also does a great job probably better in terms of holding up & longer lasting but trade off is it leaves a yellow tint to stuff & a multi-coat application results in a beeswax like shellac that’s really semi-permanent, so not ideal on an engine compartment where you’ll be removing & reinstalling stuff more frequently or where you want it looking factory fresh & not like a golden banana blew a load all over everything hahahahha