Yamashield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tical

Reaction score
Fellas, anyone used Yamashield to spray undercarriage of the truck or engine to winterize it?
3AA4C9ED-3E39-4943-B22C-C204E0588FC2.png

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used it under the hood on my truck. Underneath I had it WoolWaxed. The Yamashield is nice, worked well, looked really good after it was applied. I forget who it was, one of the regulars in here recommended it, and said he's been using it for several years with good success. This winter is my first time using it. I sprayed it on quite a few things in the engine compartment.

For undercarriage I would use WoolWax, it's the newer version of FluidFilm.

OP
OP
tical

tical

Reaction score
I used it under the hood on my truck. Underneath I had it WoolWaxed. The Yamashield is nice, worked well, looked really good after it was applied. I forget who it was, one of the regulars in here recommended it, and said he's been using it for several years with good success. This winter is my first time using it. I sprayed it on quite a few things in the engine compartment.

Excellent. Thanks!

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff from what I hear. I prefer Woolwax for the undercarriage, because you can use a 360 degree spray wand to get deep inside the frame rails, bed rails, and all the other holey areas. You’ll be hard pressed to do that with an aerosol can. I also shot everything with the AMSoil HDMP as a base coat, and on areas I didn’t want looking messy, like the shocks, as Woolwax will attract dirt.

I’d personally wait to apply it till next Fall. Unless you have a lift, a serious pressure washer, and the proper de-icing neutralizer formula, you’ll never get the undercarriage clean enough to apply anti-corrosives.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

maybe me- I’ve mentioned a few times, I use Yamashield on areas where I don’t want any color difference or where I don’t want any heavy buildup of coating or where I have any reservation regarding “other materials” aside from metal- like vinyl/rubber/plastic/painted pieces/electronics - that I want some protection on but don’t wanna be concerned about using something too heavy duty to harsh.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hello
Hi I was wondering what did you spray it on under the hood ? Trying to ok get some ideas.
Thanks

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello
Hi I was wondering what did you spray it on under the hood ? Trying to ok get some ideas.
Thanks

You can spray it on any & everything under hood- what it’s made for, doesn’t hurt vinyl/plastic/rubber/electronics- meant to douse entire yamaha marine engines in the stuff

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello
Thanks

Sorry, never saw your post. What Mr. **** said. I sprayed everything except the foam engine cover. 2 light coats on the battery, and 1 light coat on everything else. It ends up looking pretty much like you sprayed it with silicone.

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
Sorry, never saw your post. What Mr. **** said. I sprayed everything except the foam engine cover. 2 light coats on the battery, and 1 light coat on everything else. It ends up looking pretty much like you sprayed it with silicone.

But is it dry to the touch or tacky with the Yamashield.