Yakima OverHaul HD Rack and RETRAX Pro for Ford Raptor or F-150 5.5 bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
Hey. I'm selling the combination of my Yakima OverHaul HD rack along with a RETRAX Pro. This system includes the Yakima OverHaul HD height adjustable rack system, including two sidebars (short bed model) with traction board mount, plus the Yakima SupDawg Premium Rooftop Sup and Surfboard Mount.

The Yakima OverHaul HD system is only about a year old and works perfectly. All connectors including the locking points with three keys plus the tools are included. The side bar unit was added to carry traction boards (boards not included) for off-roading. Mounting hardware and straps for adding traction boards is included.

The RETRAX Pro roll up aluminum bed cover with slide in side rails has been on three F-150 trucks dating back to 2016. This unit fits the 5.5 foot bed. It includes two keys to lock the lock system. The best thing about this system is that it can be closed to any position desired for partially securing items in the bed of the truck. The locking point provides extra security. Originally, this system was a non-pro unit, which did not include the slide in rails to accommodate the Yakima system. In 2021 the rails were updated to the Pro system so that the Yakima OverHaul HD could slide in. Both the original and Pro slide-in rails are included.

Once set up the Rack can be removed by removing the locks, loosening 6 nuts and simply sliding the two towers out in less than 20 minutes, leaving the bed cover intact, if desired.

The Yakima OverHaul HD system adds up to more than $1500 and is backordered most places. The RETRAX PRO unit costs $2100 new. The Yakima OverHaul HD is in excellent shape and still looks new. Save over $1000 by picking up this well taken care of package for your F-150. The RETRAX PRO is in great shape and only has cosmetic scratches visible inside the bed of the truck. All outside, visible components are in excellent shape. Asking $2495. Cash only.

I'm based in Northern California. Shipping would likely be expensive so recommend local pick up. The Craigslist Post is here: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/d/san-ramon-yakima-overhaul-hd-rack-and/7528103465.html

rrbarrios14

Reaction score
Nope. Sold it. Good luck. The most difficult thing to find is the cross member bars.
@RaptorRnr Do you remember how wide were the cross member bars? I’m in search of this exact same set up. Did you sell for any particular reason? Like was it not practical?? I’m planning on using for 12’ bote sup bug slinger.

OP
OP
RaptorRnr

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
Yakima sells both the "SideBar, Short Bed" and the "SideBar, Long Bed". They are adjustable in length. 36-64 for the short and 50-84 for the long. I had the short bed model. This can accommodate additional accessories like traction board mounts, RotopaX mounts, etc.

This rack system was really nice. Great quality, and really sturdy with great features and worked well. We sold the Raptor as we upgraded to an F-350 to tow our Toy Hauler. Because our Toy Hauler is a fifth wheel I couldn't use the rack on the new truck. I also switched bed covers on the new truck from a Retrax. The Retrax was great but it uses up almost a foot of bed space up front for the rolling portion. Our new bed cover is a folding model. Each have their benefits. The rack I had slid in to the grooves of the Retrax Pro. I would definitely buy a Yakima again in the future if I had a truck that could accommodate it.

OP
OP
RaptorRnr

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
Regarding your Bug Slinger, you don't need the side rails for that. The Yakima rack is definitely sturdy enough to handle the load on top. We carried surfboards on top of ours regularly.