Xpel Stealth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shooters1380

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what is the motivation by those spending $4k+ to have this done? I think it looks badass, but outside of some paint protection from chips / sap / road debris, what is the motivation to dump thousands into this?
I’m with you. I don’t get it. But, to many people money is no object. Guess if they wanna dump 10k into a wrap, what the hell. Too rich for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question is? You think you will recoup this money if you go to sell? Granted most mods will never recoup the money you spent but most other mods don't cost this kinda cash

shooters1380

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question is? You think you will recoup this money if you go to sell? Granted most mods will never recoup the money you spent but most other mods don't cost this kinda cash
I saw people spending 2-3000 bucks on custom wraps for their SxS’s when I was going to Glamis all the time. I thought that was insane but the freedom to custom design a pattern or profile just for their own personality was pretty cool. It’s like anything I guess. No you won’t recoup the money in the event of a sale but it’s neat at the time. Right up until someone T-bones you or some **** takes a flat blade screwdriver to your body work cuz they’re jealous.

D

Deleted member 17706

Just curious, what is the motivation by those spending $4k+ to have this done? I think it looks badass, but outside of some paint protection from chips / sap / road debris, what is the motivation to dump thousands into this?

You cannot take your money with you when you die so you got to spend it on something. It doesn’t change the resale value when you get rid of it, but it makes detailing your vehicle much easier. I normally do a full detail twice a year: clay bar, compound, polish, wax, and sealant. When you add up the man hours of doing that twice a year over a couple of years, it’s worth it to me. It’s not designed to be off-roaded hard though, so heavy branches and debris will chew through the film and it will need to be rewrapped, which is why most people just go through a vinyl wrap. Can you just repaint your vehicle if you damage it? Yea, you can. But nobody really wants to screw with that either.

I had my Gen 1 wrapped in it—the stealth looks clean on the terrain and black graphics:

404FB3EA-DCD7-4988-9E47-A4C155BBD0F4.jpeg

I would still have small rocks penetrate and cause small marks on my paint while on-road driving, so it gives me mixed sentiments with how it would do off-road. I have the full front of my Gen 2 wrapped in the clear Xpel now and contemplating wrapping the rest. I am too busy with work to spend 30 hours or so doing a full detail on it with a dual action polisher. And yes, I will take mine off-road, but I am not taking it through a car wash for my clear coat to be destroyed by swirl marks. Most scratches while off-roading, I can buff out with my dual action polisher.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cost me $ 250 a panel to be repaint.got keying 2 weeks ago,just go repaint.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I’m with you. I don’t get it. But, to many people money is no object. Guess if they wanna dump 10k into a wrap, what the hell. Too rich for me.

I know for me, I plan on keeping my truck a long time. The PPF protects the paint, the ceramic coating makes it super easy to clean. I think it's the opposite of just tossing money around. A lot of guys spin their rides all the time, I don't, so I want it to stay as nice as possible.

shooters1380

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know for me, I plan on keeping my truck a long time. The PPF protects the paint, the ceramic coating makes it super easy to clean. I think it's the opposite of just tossing money around. A lot of guys spin their rides all the time, I don't, so I want it to stay as nice as possible.
If it makes sense to you and you can afford it, then party on. It’s your truck and your money. If I could afford a bad ass wrap like that, I’d get one probably. But that is a lot of coin for me so it wouldn’t make much sense.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it makes sense to you and you can afford it, then party on. It’s your truck and your money. If I could afford a bad ass wrap like that, I’d get one probably. But that is a lot of coin for me so it wouldn’t make much sense.

I didn't wrap mine, I put the clear Xpel paint protection film on the whole front, full hood, front fenders, mirror caps, and lower quarter panels, then had the whole truck ceramic coated. It's insanely easy to clean now. I also had a guy WoolWax it for me last month before any salt could get to it.

IMG_8197.JPG

Last edited: