GEN 2 Xpel stealth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpetty13

Reaction score
Man I would love it find it in the $5K-$6K range here in Austin. I’ve received quotes from a few places and they’re all $7,500+.

D

Deleted member 12951

I wouldn’t do anything less than Xpel Ultimate 10 for better off-road protection. I was quoted $6750 for that covered on everything except for the roof and tailgate, those two exceptions would be used with the 8mil otherwise it would be over $7k.

A vinyl wrap is about half the price but only 2-3mil.

Wonder what it cost to paint the entire truck vs Xpel?

Last edited by a moderator:

XPEL

Reaction score
Almost done with full xpel wrap. Here are couple of pictures. Anyone in NY looking to get anything wrapped or custom work done, these guys at ExclusiveVinyl are the best. They have done several cars for me, never cutting corners always full overlap.

Should be completed in two days.

View attachment 147651

View attachment 147652

View attachment 147653

View attachment 147654

sf2360,

Thank you for choosing XPEL STEALTH for your Raptor. It's amazing to see larger vehicles wrapped in STEALTH as it truly hugs the body lines and adds a unique look.

To clear a couple of things up from the thread.
- XPEL STEALTH is not available in the 10 mil film yet. STEALTH and the standard ULTIMATE PLUS are 8mil thick.
- ULTIMATE PLUS 10 is as you guessed it, 10 mils thick.
- *For the sake of accuracy, PPF's are measured in mils, not mm (millimeters).*

For pricing, as you can see from the thread, it will vary based on labor rates, installer experience, and often times if it's STEALTH vs ULTIMATE PLUS. STEALTH wraps take extra time and require extra wrapping and sometimes removal of body panels (as you can see in the images above with the taillights removed) because with a STEALTH wrap the installer will do everything they can to hide any gloss paint. More hours installing = more labor time and more labor time = higher costs generally.
- For a full XPEL PPF wrap on a Raptor you can expect $5,995 - $8,995 in some markets.

Both PPF's are warrantied for 10 years against yellowing, blistering, peeling, cracking, and more.

D

Deleted member 12951

sf2360,

Thank you for choosing XPEL STEALTH for your Raptor. It's amazing to see larger vehicles wrapped in STEALTH as it truly hugs the body lines and adds a unique look.

To clear a couple of things up from the thread.
- XPEL STEALTH is not available in the 10 mil film yet. STEALTH and the standard ULTIMATE PLUS are 8mil thick.
- ULTIMATE PLUS 10 is as you guessed it, 10 mils thick.
- *For the sake of accuracy, PPF's are measured in mils, not mm (millimeters).*

For pricing, as you can see from the thread, it will vary based on labor rates, installer experience, and often times if it's STEALTH vs ULTIMATE PLUS. STEALTH wraps take extra time and require extra wrapping and sometimes removal of body panels (as you can see in the images above with the taillights removed) because with a STEALTH wrap the installer will do everything they can to hide any gloss paint. More hours installing = more labor time and more labor time = higher costs generally.
- For a full XPEL PPF wrap on a Raptor you can expect $5,995 - $8,995 in some markets.

Both PPF's are warrantied for 10 years against yellowing, blistering, peeling, cracking, and more.
So Ultimate 10 does not have the same coverage as Stealth? I thought it actually took longer due to the extra thickness. Will 10 hold up to off-road abuse like desert brush?

XPEL

Reaction score
So Ultimate 10 does not have the same coverage as Stealth? I thought it actually took longer due to the extra thickness. Will 10 hold up to off-road abuse like desert brush?

RDFTS,

With any installation, wrapping edges wherever possible is always the best practice. With STEALTH, because the difference is satin vs gloss, the installers take even more time and may remove panels to make sure no edges are left glossy when possible. ULTIMATE PLUS 10 is thicker and it can take extra time to install, you're right, but a full-on STEALTH wrap will typically take a little longer.

Yes, because XUP10 is thicker, it will hold up very well to desert brush and "pinstriping". That said, the standard ULTIMATE PLUS and STEALTH still hold up very well to those elements.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in San Antonio and had stealth installed here at their HQ. Prices quoted are in range.

smalls243

Reaction score
Quick question on these - any downside waiting for the current paint to need touch up before wrapping with stealth?