Xpel Stealth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI most people shouldn't put ceramic on top, use a non-permanent sealant instead

OP
OP
RaptorShennanigans

RaptorShennanigans

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious to why you say that? I've heard to only do ceramic coating after... I know nothing hear, but everyone I've talked to that does it says to coat it after with ceramic..

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI most people shouldn't put ceramic on top, use a non-permanent sealant instead

Caveat, this really applies if you have a dark car, are type A about scratches or are unable to two-bucket hand wash your car

Think of a frozen lake where the topmost layer is akin to Xpel - as people ice skate (cars get washed), cuts and scratches form but on a warm day, the ice melts slightly and everything "self heals"

Stretch a thin layer of glass (this is ceramic, not self healing) on top of the lake - now, fine scratches and cuts are absorbed by this layer and don't heal - but the glass is doing it's job, which is to protect the Xpel

Fast forward 1-2 years, you'll see lots of scratches that will never go away since they are only in the ceramic layer

So now I use Xpel sealant or Sonax net polymer every 4-6 months - my Xpel is still protected but more importantly, this sealant isn't permanent allowing the Xpel room to self heal on hot days

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

I'm not feeling it on lightning blue. It looks much better on black, white or gray.

Now you're just hurting my feelings

KK0Hvwy.jpg

e4oBEka.jpg

ZAGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes - the mirrors were done also. I'm not sure what kind of coating it is honestly, my wrap guy took care of it. It didn't add any shine at all, it just makes it easier to take care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk59c2df685587539f2c2078d08d17b938.jpgc71828859d3796d46fdad4a2c16578fa.jpg

Looks great, i am in debate now between stealth and ultimate.. maintenance and care is something i need to understand for the stealth.
I want to ceramic coat it right away, will be discussing with my wrap guy today