Official Raptor R PPF Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrapped both my Gen 2 and Gen 3 in stealth and will do the same for my R. I paid $5,500 for the Gen 2 and $6500 for the Gen 3 and it included Ceramic coating.

Attachments

• IMG_2137.jpeg
    IMG_2137.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1218.jpeg
    IMG_1218.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 67390869683__DA4F3121-7818-4CEB-859D-8C8EBF87848C.jpeg
    67390869683__DA4F3121-7818-4CEB-859D-8C8EBF87848C.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 143

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i personally think ceramic coating is a waste of money, but 7k for ppf is fair. ceramic is gonna be scratched to hell if you take it thru car washes which you really shouldnt with ppf ( shouldnt but many do)

Cocles

Reaction score
You might want to take a closer look at Llumar; I'm not necessarily saying it's better, but it is different enough that one will likely match your tastes over the other. I've personally used *both* Xpel and Llumar matte ppf's on the *same* car, so can give a good first-hand comparison. The differences are pretty straight forward:

Xpel's matte looks more velvety, whereas Llumar's looks more traditionally matte.
Xpel needs a ceramic coat whereas Llumar's product has the hydrophobic coat built-in.

Protection wise, I'd say they're equal. Color-wise... I want to say Llumar's had less of a "tint" to it, but the difference is pretty minimal.

RDT-G23

Reaction score
i personally think ceramic coating is a waste of money, but 7k for ppf is fair. ceramic is gonna be scratched to hell if you take it thru car washes which you really shouldnt with ppf ( shouldnt but many do)
**** retentive freaks like me ceramic coat and PPF a lot, and the vehicle never sees an automated car wash in its life...

kiman44

Reaction score
Full wrap for me as well. I wrapped my ‘22 raptor as well. Normal Xpel on the colored surfaces, and matte for the wheel arches and front grill. looks amazing. 8k for the wrap and ceramic coating.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might want to take a closer look at Llumar; I'm not necessarily saying it's better, but it is different enough that one will likely match your tastes over the other. I've personally used *both* Xpel and Llumar matte ppf's on the *same* car, so can give a good first-hand comparison. The differences are pretty straight forward:

Xpel's matte looks more velvety, whereas Llumar's looks more traditionally matte.
Xpel needs a ceramic coat whereas Llumar's product has the hydrophobic coat built-in.

Protection wise, I'd say they're equal. Color-wise... I want to say Llumar's had less of a "tint" to it, but the difference is pretty minimal.
This is very helpful. So which one do you prefer?

RDT-G23

Reaction score
Further, if I don't have enough time or the weather isn't conductive to wash it myself, it does not get washed. Perfection is what I seek, not swirlmarks. To each his own. For those of you that want to play 18 more than this, more power to you. I'll fix something while you are playing 18. Nothing less than perfection is accepted.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xpel stealth is satin, not matte. Xpel does have matte, but it’s not clear.