XL80 review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike.s

Reaction score
Just received my new XL80s from Baja Designs. Delivery was super fast. I couldn't wait to install them. These replaced my XL Pros. The lighting pattern is driving combo. Here's the results:

Stock HID high beams:
IMG_20150902_235339_zps5tdrveo8.jpg

Stock HID high beams + XL80
IMG_20150902_235359_zpshgabmqyg.jpg

IMG_20150903_241547506_zpsj1qcokvb.jpg

I stuck my old XL Pros in the fog pockets just to see if they would fit. They're not hooked up.

I don't think the pictures really convey the full difference. With the XL80s turned on, you can flash your stock headlights on and off and you can barely tell anything is happening. That's because the XL80s are so bright they pretty much overwhelm the stock headlights. I truly believe these are the brightest lights you can get for the size. They are a noticeable improvement over the XL Pro. It's not a huge difference between the XL Pro and the XL80 , but it's definitely worth the extra $100. I may add some more XL80s to light up the other zones. I'm thinking some wide cornering in the fog pockets and some spots up on the hood.

Last edited:

jocdmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you said you just threw those old XL's in the fog light area to see what they'd look like- but do you think the XL's and a regular size squadron would both fit if mounted to BD's fog light bracket?
Thanks

OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
I know you said you just threw those old XL's in the fog light area to see what they'd look like- but do you think the XL's and a regular size squadron would both fit if mounted to BD's fog light bracket?
Thanks

I don't think it will work without some modding. When I stuck the lights in there for the picture, they weren't mounted to anything. I just wedged them in there. If I decide to go that route I'll have to trim the opening a little. The bracket that BD makes is most likely not made for these lights in that location. With some modding, yes, it will fit.

Even my lights by the license plate don't normally fit there. I had to trim the bumper and build my own custom bracket. It was a lot of work, but I'm happy with the results.

Here's another picture from the side:

IMG_20150903_241611311_zpslb7qmb4w.jpg

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mike,

Thank You for posting up!
It's nice to see that you got the XL Pro's to fit in the fog pockets.
Looking good!

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs