x4 5 Star Tune Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrociraptor

Reaction score
I'm not sure to where to go for help, and looking for some kind of self serve option.

Got my x4 with custom tunes from 5 Star. Copied stock file and then loaded 93 performance. At the end of loading the tune, the device returned error code 110D8 and said to return to stock. Tried returning to stock. It gave error code 11060 and now it won't do anything other than that. Truck runs, but definitely needs the tune as it now has Corsa intake and Corsa extreme exhaust.

My problem is that SCT is only open when I am at work. So I left work early yesterday to try to get home before they closed. I got into the queue and they started to try to fix it, but apparently the guy who makes the files they need had gone home. So they said to sync the device today, which I did.

Went to the truck (it's on a trickle charger) and loaded the stock tune back (so far so good). At the end of that it threw error code 110D8 again and said to return to stock, which I tried and it threw error code 11060 again. So I'm back to the same spot.

I can't keep taking time off of work to deal with this. I'm hoping I can just send back to 5 star and get my money back and try something else. But in the meantime does anyone have any other ideas I can try?

Thank you for any help!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call them first thing in the morning. I've been there. It sucks. Their techs are really good, but getting a hold of them is difficult.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say that your tuner unit needs an update before it will complete the tune. From my experience, calling them and allowing them to use Teamweaver to control updating the device through your pc should only take about an hour from start to finish at most.

OP
OP
Atrociraptor

Atrociraptor

Reaction score
I've already had to leave work early for them to log into my machine and then access the device. When I called at the end of the day, the person who needed to write the new file to upload to the device apparently had left for the day. It actually worked though, as I was able to try to restore the stock tune, which I was not able to do previously. Then it threw the error code again. So, I can go to work late, or leave early, at some point, but I don't love the possibility that anytime I want to change the tune on my truck I have to be ready to take time off of work and sit on the phone with SCT tech support for an hour (as nice as they are). I was hoping there might be some DIY fix...

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
An alternative would be to mail the tuner back to them. They will fix it and send it back.

No DIY fix that I know of.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember right, there is a fuse for your OBD port. Check the fuse... I pulled my hair out on my F-350 once, similar issue.

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tuner Issues

Atrociraptor,
I am currently experiencing the same issues. As frustrating as it is to you, the only way to fix it is to contact SCT support and walk through the issues with their Tech Support. I also had to do this during work hours. It is an inconvenience at the least and possibly near impossible to do depending on your line of work.
What I can say is this. The guys at SCT and 5 Star have seen this error pop up before and they do know how to get it fixed. They will spend hours of time if needed to get it done too. That is just quality service in my book.

You cannot just mail back the tuner because it is actually married to your truck. The truck has not completely reset back to stock. You can confirm this with the Tech Support guys. There will be a couple things that are not correctly working on your truck. nothing that with prevent you from driving it though. On mine the clock comes on but does not update the time. if i go to the clock setting then the clock disappears until I restart the truck.

This is happening because the truck is kind of in limbo. This is why you must contact SCT support and get the technician to approve a manufacturer return of your device. They will email you a shipping label and an RMA number (Return Manufacturer Authorization). By doing this your device (with the trucks stock profile) will be tracked back to SCT. At SCT they with extract the information and correct the device (or truck program) issues and then return it to you.

I am waiting on mine to come back to me. I am told that this issues occurs from time to time with the F-150 but once corrected you will not experience it again even if you change tunes.

Unfortunately you have to play this one out. There is no short cut and there was no way for the SCT guys to know that this was going to happen with your vehicle. Hang in there follow the return process and you will come out on the other side very happy with your tunes.

Hang in there.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

I would say that your tuner unit needs an update before it will complete the tune. From my experience, calling them and allowing them to use Teamweaver to control updating the device through your pc should only take about an hour from start to finish at most.

I contacted SCT and this was the first thing we tried. On mine that would not correct the issue. Ultimately they have to go through the same trouble shooting process and it will likely take a couple of calls the to get to the solution.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Based on my experience make sure that you get your case file and Technicians name from the SCT tech before you hang up. I did not do that and the second call in tech created a new file so we had two logs for a bit.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^Definitely remember to get the techs name, great point. I had to give SCT a callback when mine threw the error 11060 and didn't know the first techs name and basically had to repeat the first process all over again. My issue turned out to be a corrupt stock file, and it took them a full 2 days to rewrite the tune. As frustrating as it is, everyone is right, you just have to hang in there. They rewrote my tune then the tech stayed on the phone with me while I tuned my truck to make sure it went through, the time of tuning was spent with talk of how much he hated his Chevy truck, haha! He also manually updated it for me on his end through team viewer. Their customer service is honestly great. Then I got a 5 star 93 performance tune, and the rest is history

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can get their email as well. Then you might be able to get directly a hold of them when you need. I've had them call me.