GEN 2 X-Pipe, H-Pipe Install with Factory Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked a lot and haven't found the answer to my question.
Looking for feedback from anyone who has installed an aftermarket X-Pipe or H-Pipe in place of the Factory Resonator mid-pipe and retained the remainder of the Factory Exhaust.
What was your experience with noise level increase and / drone?
Thinking about doing this to my '19.
Thanks in advance for responses!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used the MBRP x pip res delete with an otherwise stock exhaust, it stayed on for 24 hours. The exterior was a small increase in volume and deeper, which is what I wanted, but the interior drone was noticeable, and was very boomy at 2-2.3k rpm’s.

I have the SPD EL mid pipe ordered and will see what that’s like.

I’ve also run the Corsa sport muffler with stock resonator. This was a great sound outside, and zero drone inside. Basically the opposite of the MBRP. The wife ultimately thought it was too loud, but I ran it for 1,500 miles.

OP
OP
aandrews109

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.
The Drone issue is what I was afraid of, particularly in the 1500 - 2500 rpm range. Will be interested in how the SPD MID-PIPE works out.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have SPD downpipes, the new midpipe, factory muffler and awe tailpipes. Id say the exhaust is now as nearly as loud as it was with AWE resonators and corsa sport muffler. which is significantly louder than stock but no drone.