WWFRFD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't get the CO at MSRP, then just wait for your 23 AMB to come. If you can get the CO at MSRP, it is meant to be and worst case, even in a recession, you'll get your money back on when your 23 comes.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you even consider CO, see it in person in different lights to see if you like it. Because it and AMB are on different sides of the spectrum.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK. Ginger Raptor? Or Not BlackEnough Raptor?

tough call.

just remember, any old rusty, faded paint Raptor is better than any Prius anywhere
Lol, I went from a Shadow Black Gen 2 to a AMB Gen 3 and “Not BlackEnough” def enters my mind when it’s overcast, but when the sun is out, AMB is spectacular. It’s crazy how much this color changes. When it’s super bright out, the metallic fleck even puts out shades of purple.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick wtih AMB and exact build you want. Buying CO to wait for your build is too much effort for my me. I waited 8 months for my 22 AMB. While the wait was frustrating , it was definitely worth it at the end. I do think market is softening just a tad, but cars and boats is still crazy depending where you are. Just make sure you deal is solid and trust dealer is going to pull one on you at last minute.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll throw in here, though I’m a huge fan of CO, it isn’t your first choice, it’s a “it’ll do for now” choice. Not many fans of CO on this thread, understandable as you have AMB (beautiful color) spec’d, but that’s why there are a number of color choices available to appease most everyone.
That said, a BS dealership with their fishing for a ADM from you…avoid the hassle and wait, get the 23 spec’d the way you want.

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Would Ford Raptor Forum Do?

I already know a lot of people are going to say, "do what makes sense to you, man!" but I am looking for some differing viewpoints. Here's the scenario: I have a 2023 35 AMB on order spec'd out exactly how I want it - blue interior, moon/tailgate, 2kw pro power, no graphics, MSRP etc. Gonna look really slick parked at Sheetz in the morning for my coffee (no Starbucks for me!). Anyway, order is in and confirmed but it's going to be a while.

Another dealer I had talked to was pushing hard on a 22 35 CO with everything I want except the blue interior. CO isn't my top choice, but it's a really sick color and I like it a lot. Their 22 is scheduled to be built on 9/26 with delivery who-knows-when. They had been intending to add a markup although they were never clear about exactly how much. Given that they keep texting me about it, I'm thinking they don't have anyone else lined up to buy it.

My current ride is a 15 Nissan Mallfinder that I absolutely hate and can't wait to ditch. It's very high mileage due to a previous job that required a lot of driving but is in otherwise (knock on wood) great mechanical shape. Do I get the 22 CO and use that as my daily and if/when the 23 AMB comes in, either try to trade it in or try to private sale the CO and take the AMB? I put $1000 as a deposit for the AMB but it's refundable. Seems risky if the market cools or we hit a recession or the chip shortage gets sorted out (possible? yes. probable? up for debate.). I know Raptors hold their value extremely well, but seems like there's a chance I could end up taking a bath if I get impatient and buy the 22 CO. Yes, I fully understand that this is a depreciating asset. I probably won't take the CO if there's any sort of markup - given that they keep texting me, as I said before, I feel like they have no other current leads.

Anyway - I've rambled on long enough. I am just curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
Yeah, sheetz coffee is the shiznitz.