WV/Western VA trails/scenic views??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps, heading to Florida at the end of May but meangering through Charleston, WV down to the coast (Myrtle Beach, SC) first. Any good offroad/scenic view trails? Will be driving down I-64/I-77 to I-74. Looking to stretch the legs a bit, havent been off road with her yet.

I'm not looking to spend a day off road, just driving through.....

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey peeps, heading to Florida at the end of May but meangering through Charleston, WV down to the coast (Myrtle Beach, SC) first. Any good offroad/scenic view trails? Will be driving down I-64/I-77 to I-74. Looking to stretch the legs a bit, havent been off road with her yet.

I'm not looking to spend a day off road, just driving through.....

West Virginia turnpike...........

Roads are kinda rough, but they are roads.

Honestly most off-roading in that area will be private parks. I’m not saying that there isn’t some places, but I have yet to find them through limited searching.

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
Just went through there about a month ago. We traveled from a restaurant in Charleston to the New River Gorge bridge, I'm pretty sure I saw a sign that it was a scenic byway- route 60/16. Pretty scenic, nice and windy, it was a fun little drive up the mountain and to the bridge if that's something you're looking for. There's a waterfall we passed by along the route that you can stop at as well.

OP
OP
Chzhead

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through there about a month ago. We traveled from a restaurant in Charleston to the New River Gorge bridge, I'm pretty sure I saw a sign that it was a scenic byway- route 60/16. Pretty scenic, nice and windy, it was a fun little drive up the mountain and to the bridge if that's something you're looking for. There's a waterfall we passed by along the route that you can stop at as well.

Actually, that one is on the list!! Was also going to take the side road down to the river bank below.