WTH is this hanging of the bottom of my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably the breather part that the hose goes onto, it allows pressure out of the rearend, but doesn't allow dirt, water, etc into the line.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got my brand new truck from the body shop back when I notice this hanging off the real axial... Wth is it and should I be worried?

e7u9yjyq.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I walk around looking like that, with it dragging on the floor.....

As mentioned its the breather hose

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably the breather part that the hose goes onto, it allows pressure out of the rearend, but doesn't allow dirt, water, etc into the line.

That's not entirely true. I installed my mag-hytec rear diff cover after 55K miles and it came out like chocolate milk. You can clearly see that water had gotten into the axle trough the breather hose. Anytime your truck is under water or in deep mud you can get water into that line that's why the best thing it to get about 5 feet of line and run it up between the cab and the bed of the truck that's why I did and I've checked my fluid regularly over the last 25K miles and the gear oil is looking clean!