WTH? 2019 Raptor shutdown. any suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GENTS,

Very odd thing happen to me today with my 2019 RAPTOR.. I was sitting in my truck while it was RUNNING for about 30mins ... Then the truck shutdown on it own.. I thought that was ODD but maybe it does that... So i got to restart and NOTHING.. Its turns over, batter function find ,etc,,etc its trying to start.. i try again and its cranking but no start..

I get fustrated.. turn the car off , close all the doors... and try again.. same thing.. I shut the truck down.. call AAA and prepare to have it towed... Then after 10mins ..

I crank it up like it brand new...... take it for a drive.. NOTHING.. i then let it sit for another 30minsand it cranks up new..

Any idea what caused this? I hate to take it to the dealer to find something wrong if nothing is wrong.. I am not a technical guy, but remindedme of a lawn mower that was flooded..lol.. sound stupid but would not crank.. Any suggestions when i goto the dealer?? its has 44k miles 2019.. all normal maintence done

THANKS IN ADV

GoDucks

Reaction score
Shut down while idling or driving? Years ago, my 2011 truck did that while I was in the parking lot waiting for someone. Cold out so I was idling for about 20 minutes then my engine shut down. Took a few tries to start, my mechanic buddy said seems like fuel pump and engine starving. He replaced it next day for me and never again had an issue. Truck was a 5.0 with 90k miles at the time.

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shut down while idling or driving? Years ago, my 2011 truck did that while I was in the parking lot waiting for someone. Cold out so I was idling for about 20 minutes then my engine shut down. Took a few tries to start, my mechanic buddy said seems like fuel pump and engine starving. He replaced it next day for me and never again had an issue. Truck was a 5.0 with 90k miles at the time.
Thanks for the response. I was just sitting in my drive way at idle in park. but NOW I come to find out the gen 2 AUTO SHUTDOWN at 30mins. So that's what exactly happen it auto shutdown(I checked my settings and it was enabled)

So now I can't explain why it did not crank up

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
Interesting. I've got a '19 with 33K miles and every once in a while mine has shut down when I've remote started it for up to 30 minutes. Once it shut down while entering the truck, but thought maybe I accidentally hit the fob button in my pocket against the seat. Recently it happened a few days ago just as I was exiting my house about to hop in the truck. Of course I took my eye off of it for a second and that's when it shut down. It has always started right back up each time with no issue, however.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I've got a '19 with 33K miles and every once in a while mine has shut down when I've remote started it for up to 30 minutes. Once it shut down while entering the truck, but thought maybe I accidentally hit the fob button in my pocket against the seat. Recently it happened a few days ago just as I was exiting my house about to hop in the truck. Of course I took my eye off of it for a second and that's when it shut down. It has always started right back up each time with no issue, however.
hello brother! Well i can tell u this by default the GEN 2 will auto shutdown after 30mins of not doing anything in idle.. mine shutdown but did not crank back up.. i had to let it sit for a few mins and then its start with no prob....

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
My 2019 will shut down after 30 minutes of idling unless I hit the OK button to keep it running after the message pops up stating it will shut down unless I hit the OK button.

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 will shut down after 30 minutes of idling unless I hit the OK button to keep it running after the message pops up stating it will shut down unless I hit the OK button.
Yep that what mine did... But the 1 time thing it DID do, but only did it once.. WOULD NOT START BACK UP!! The engine would turn and turn.. and wouuld not start.. i even got out-- lock doors ,open doors and still engines would NOT START... i then called a tow truck and after about 10mins the truck STARTED like new.. weird

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
Right, it will shut off after idling for 30 minutes. And that will happen regardless if you're still in the truck or do the remote start/extend time as well. Like sixshooter stated though, a message will pop up on the dash saying it will shut down unless you acknowledge the button. But each of the times I've experienced it (the unexpected shutdown) was when I had a little over ten minutes before the automatic shutdown. When it happened to me earlier this week, I  knew I still had roughly 24 minutes before shutdown because I had just looked at the app prior to walking out of my house. So it shut off on me when I to go grab a few things to put in the truck. But when I went to turn it back on there were no other noticeable abnormalities. Truck has ran fine every time. Still, not something that should be happening and it does seem to be happening a little more frequently.