WTF - NAV & Sirius Distuptions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else experienced issues with disruptions of the NAV and Sirius? If I put in an address to the NAV, it starts out OK for the first 30 seconds and then freezes for 3 to 5 minutes. if you are doing a fairly short trip or in an unfamiliar area starting out, this just freezes and leaves you to your own guesswork. It's better to use the iPhone in going somewhere, which negates the reason for having a NAV system to begin with.

As for Sirius, it keeps cutting in and out of reception. Listening to a good song just sucks now because of all of the interruptions.

It seems like the antenna may be an issue, but not sure yet.

Anyone else have these symptoms??

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had an issue and I'm on Sirius on 2hrs min a day for 2years with no dropouts at all sounds like your antenna is not hooked up

Sent from my Note2

kjbeggs

Reaction score
This happened to my NAV a lot. (Bought truck in november, had latest software/maps).
Took it back to dealer and they "said" they reinstalled the latest version.
not sure what they actually did, but it's been faster/more stable since.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 2011; no updates. I just assumed I had a loose connection somewhere. I have never really noticed any NAV issues. Just Sirius cutting out when it shouldn't (i.e., no overhead obstructions or bad weather).