WTF is that????

Wtf is that???

• New Raptor?

• New Bronco?

• Or maybe Lighting?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MasterWaterSkier

Reaction score
Oh my... A raptor platform based full size Bronco.. that would get me very interested. unfortunately I would want the Gen1 6.2L and likely that wouldn't happen.

With my '79 Bronco and '13 Raptor I thought I was done truck shopping... we'll see if I need to have another truck..

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're forgetting the vast majority of the population makes far less than you- if they made a bare bones Raptor that was regular cab (way better setup for off-roading) but had the mechanical upgrades & it was @ low enough price point a more blue collar crowd could tolerate then you’d absolutely see demand.

Last I checked they sell plenty of V6 mustangs- kinda same idea.

I don’t think a 2 door raptor falls into the same category as any other 2 door 1/2 ton, it’s something else. Similar to a Chevy SS or Lightning ya feel me?

I think Ford has to be protective of the Raptor name (and price point) and offering a even lower priced single cab stripped model may not be a smart long term strategy for the Raptor brand. It would be like Chevy offering a V6 stripped Corvette at a lower price point. Sure they may sell some, but then you start to damage the overall brand. Frankly Ford (and all domestic brands) have already hurt a lot of the brands by offering crazy discounts, 0% interest for 72 months, etc that makes it tough to an extent to get full price on these Halo brands. So by offering an even cheaper Raptor I don't know if that is an overall benefit to the Raptor brand.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I think Ford has to be protective of the Raptor name (and price point) and offering a even lower priced single cab stripped model may not be a smart long term strategy for the Raptor brand. It would be like Chevy offering a V6 stripped Corvette at a lower price point. Sure they may sell some, but then you start to damage the overall brand. Frankly Ford (and all domestic brands) have already hurt a lot of the brands by offering crazy discounts, 0% interest for 72 months, etc that makes it tough to an extent to get full price on these Halo brands. So by offering an even cheaper Raptor I don't know if that is an overall benefit to the Raptor brand.
The benefit is more asses in more seats that will likely trade up to more expensive versions down the road.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It demonstrates its possible to put one together. I thought about it, but reality won out. If I was 20 years younger, I might have tried.
I would have started with a reg cab V8 4x4 long bed with max payload or max tow. They have the thicker HD frame. Just dreaming as I love my Raptor.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be all over a full size 2 door Raptor Bronco. Bring back the 90's please.

We actually already have the best of both worlds with a crew cab (similar to a Bronco inside) with the utility of a bed.