WTF is that????

Wtf is that???

• New Raptor?

• New Bronco?

• Or maybe Lighting?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would you want one if it had a 19 gallon gas tank?
I'd prefer the 26 gallon tank but I could live with a 19 gallon tank for a R/C Raptor. I don't travel too far from home in my old age anyway. I watched most (not all) of the video, but didn't see anything about suggesting it would have a smaller tank than a SCAB Raptor?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are correct they did not discuss that but it is something to consider. Going from a screw to a scab you lose 10 gallons. So a 2-door raptor will lose even more space. The gas tank will have to get smaller as the drive line (transmission, transfer case, etc.) can not get smaller.

I'd prefer the 26 gallon tank but I could live with a 19 gallon tank for a R/C Raptor. I don't travel too far from home in my old age anyway. I watched most (not all) of the video, but didn't see anything about suggesting it would have a smaller tank than a SCAB Raptor?

DinoJuice

Reaction score
Seems pretty clear at this point that there will be a "Bronco II" type vehicle based on the Ranger platform, and then a full size Bronco (as seen in the silhouette image). Based on said silhouette, and the already established aesthetic of the Ranger-based Bronco, I would guess is this is a test mule for what will be a relatively retro-styled (think New Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger) Bronco with a removable roof. Maybe we'll even be lucky enough to see a Ford Performance variant. If so, sign me tf up!

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zero surprise they’d do this...I mean it SHOULD be 2 doors to begin w/, it’ll pad Ford’s pockets big time probably offer an even further stripped down version (but still pricey relative to 4 door loaded up versions) & they’ll sell a ton of em.

No, they won't. Supercabs, which are available for anyone to order, are already less than 8% of all Raptors. If anything they'd make an even bigger raptor with a 6.5' bed. You can't get a regular cab F150 with a 5.5' bed bc there has to be room to put the gas tank...not happening with the Raptor either.

It's a bronco test mule. Literally that's what it is... 0% speculation needed. Of course the internet TFL guys and everyone else has to pump out their clickbait videos and articles to draw in the viewers (like that one article with the 5.2 in Raptor).

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why does this have to be an either/or? Why not both a short cab Raptor and a full-size 2door Bronco?

Both of those will be low volume vehicles and it probably only makes financial sense to add an all-new frame size if it can be used on multiple platforms.

Of course, the reality is neither of these will see the light of day, but we can dream.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, they won't. Supercabs, which are available for anyone to order, are already less than 8% of all Raptors. If anything they'd make an even bigger raptor with a 6.5' bed. You can't get a regular cab F150 with a 5.5' bed bc there has to be room to put the gas tank...not happening with the Raptor either.

It's a bronco test mule. Literally that's what it is... 0% speculation needed. Of course the internet TFL guys and everyone else has to pump out their clickbait videos and articles to draw in the viewers (like that one article with the 5.2 in Raptor).
You're forgetting the vast majority of the population makes far less than you- if they made a bare bones Raptor that was regular cab (way better setup for off-roading) but had the mechanical upgrades & it was @ low enough price point a more blue collar crowd could tolerate then you’d absolutely see demand.

Last I checked they sell plenty of V6 mustangs- kinda same idea.

I don’t think a 2 door raptor falls into the same category as any other 2 door 1/2 ton, it’s something else. Similar to a Chevy SS or Lightning ya feel me?

Gilligan

Reaction score
Gen1 rear end leads me to believe this is a power train mule and we won’t be seeing anything built on this platform.