WTF Am I Doing Wrong (wheel well liners)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drilled no holes other than to line it up, so drilled only in the plastic liner, not truck.

I put no screws in back, it’s still firmly in, and I reached back and it’s not touching the wire at all. But wire should be behind shock like on passenger side. Not sure why Ford did that.

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol. I bought some and put them back in the box. Bought some Herculiner rubber truck bed liner from home depot and rolled it on. Looks great.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did these liners come with any hardware? Thought I read in another thread, they did supply a couple of screws. My box had nothing in it. If they did, what hardware should I pickup before I put them on? Otherwise I can check with Husky but not waiting a week to get anything.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You use the two stock screws and drill one hole inside the wheel well and put a provided nutsert on the flange. You just need to manhandle the liners in place. It’s easier if the parts are warm. It took me 20 minutes. They won’t break...just ram them up in there.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will let them bake in the sun for a while first. So I will need one of those U clips? Like I said, they gave me nothing in the box. Maybe Home Depot or Lowe’s has them in the specialty hardware draws.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were supposed to get a clip and a bolt. Call husky and they will mail it to you or swing by your local hardware store. There is nothing special about the hardware.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will just try to get locally. I would like to put them on this weekend.

This one bolt and unut is for the inside of the wheel well(bed) area?

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. You drill a small hole on the bed flange, slide the clip over the flange, line the hole up with the liner and bolt it in.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 bolts and friction hold the liners in place. 2 stock, one supplied. I love mine and have had zero issues.