WTF Am I Doing Wrong (wheel well liners)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HHHOGGG

Reaction score
Did the Huskies in mine today also. First one took about 30 minutes. Trimmed about 3/8” off the bottom of both ends. Also drilled new 1/2” holes in the bottom edge of the liners about 1/4” above the exiting holes. Second one took about 10 minutes. They look pretty good.

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
LOL. Started out ok and in the daylight. Couldn't get the bottom bolts in lost the light...gonna have to take them back out tomorrow and do the trim thing.

Schmagagled

Reaction score
I got mine installed on my '20. I knew it was going to be a fight from having installed them on my '18.

You can't put the liner in and then force the two lower ends up into the pockets cause you can't possibly exert that much pressure to seat it. You have to angle it in like the picture shows (with both lower ends in their positions) and then you just push the center section while pulling the liner section that will be screwed to the truck toward you to help flex it while you are pushing the "top" into place. I'm pretty sure that the whole idea is that once these things are in you almost don't need the screws to keep them there. But the screws do keep the lower middle section from flexing in toward the tire. I did wait until it was a sunny afternoon to do this and let the liners get warm for a few minutes. I also took the tires off because I was installing Rokblokz mud guards at the same time.

I did think about dremeling a bit off the bottom of the two sides so they'd go in easier. But didn't do it in the end.

They look good when the fights over though!

S

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d like to jump in and ask, are the Husky liners superior to the Ford’s? Haven’t gotten a chance to see what the Ford offerings even look like yet.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine ,they r a pain ,I did not trim them .next time I would remove the fender flares . also they pretrial 4 holes from the factory om the liners, they should have done 6 ,the very last bolts on the fender flares r a pain to line up as there r no holes in the liners

Last edited:

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I look at all the photos im a moron ,I did mine wrong, the lower portion on each side ,I have it sandwiched like the rest of the liner ,I did not realize the 2 lower edges go behind the sheet metal

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do these rub on the live valve hose coming to the shock? I feel like I read somewhere that they do.

Also, could they be installed and be ok without drilling hole C in the instructions?