WTF Am I Doing Wrong (wheel well liners)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sethrad

Reaction score
Saw a post from a while back. One of the guys used Rustoleum Bed Liner and did it himself. Before doing this, I called Rustoleum myself to confirm the application. I cleaned out the wheel wells two or three time finishing with alcohol. Plastic tarp taped off over everything that didn’t need overspray. Three cans of Bed Liner, one for each side then the last can for touch ups. It’s kinda of a self correcting application. Dries to a Relatively smooth finish. Had mine on for a few months...looks great. Dealer thought it was a professionally done done job at my last service. Pic is a bit over exposed, but it looks very clean.

1474F0BE-A36E-47BB-AFD3-E958BE1D8677.jpeg

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well got it done this morning. Had to trim bout 1/2 inch off rear side.

also, the holes in side that goes in toward shocks are not even close to where the hole in body where clip goes.
Finally, all screws must be removed from fender flares as it tucks under it. The lower holes are also not aligned. Best bet is to use a dremel and cut out a square from each so you can get screws in without being frustrated and having to pop them back out.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was looking to get the Ford or the Husky liners. Can anyone post pics of either installed? Both are metal or plastic?

Reaction score
The husky liners fit my 2018 SCREW with no issues. They take a little muscle but no trimming was required by the way I’ll be 70 next month

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got it done this morning. Had to trim bout 1/2 inch off rear side.

also, the holes in side that goes in toward shocks are not even close to where the hole in body where clip goes.
Finally, all screws must be removed from fender flares as it tucks under it. The lower holes are also not aligned. Best bet is to use a dremel and cut out a square from each so you can get screws in without being frustrated and having to pop them back out.
Hey my friend glad you got them in. I think you will like them. Just one input about your install. As I stated previously I think if you had trimmed half of what you cut off the aft bottom and did the same on the front, the holes would have lined up. You probably pushed the whole liner one way because it probably warped a bit. Just my thoughts.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Husky liners fit and look great. No need to cut. They are an exact fit. Just be patient. Use finesse, not brute strength. They also deepened the exhaust tone a bit as well. Best $130 spent on my truck.

RaptoRyn

Reaction score
My Friend, look at the bottom length that goes to the fender sides and trim some off of each one and I think you will have it done in 15 min. I studied mine for about 30 min also and then realized they were a bit long in this area. If I were there we'd have them both in in 15 min.
Do what this person says, I did the same and it makes life a little bit easier.

RaptoRyn

Reaction score
I have the husky liners, but I originally wanted to do the line x, then my truck accessory dealer said he would have to take the whole bed off the truck. I was like screw that. My liners actually don’t cover up any of the suspension, the were already notched out.

MH23

Reaction score
Put the Husky liners in last weekend. It was a chore to say the least.
The advice on trimming the bottom edge just a bit & they'd be much easier. Mine lined up perfectly, but that means there's almost no tolerance and a few scraped knuckles and swear words they're in.
I think being indoors or doing it in the summer would be much easier. Was 40 out when I did it and the plastic was not very flexible. Now that they're in I'm pleased, but tool almost 2 hours.