WTB: Stock Gen 1 Shocks - SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfranks

Reaction score
Looking for a set of stock gen 1 shocks so I can pull my Foxes to be rebuilt. Anyone have a set laying around? Not looking for anything nice or expensive, just want to keep the truck not on jack stands. Thanks-

rschap1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Welcome to the club"
:)
Seriously, I am still debating what to with mine since I need to rebuild or replace.
Good luck

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
About to receive mine from an exchange program (Hammer) here in the next 30 minutes from slooooowwwwww UPS guy. Went the exchange route so truck wouldn't be down longer than time it takes to swap shocks.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About to receive mine from an exchange program (Hammer) here in the next 30 minutes from slooooowwwwww UPS guy. Went the exchange route so truck wouldn't be down longer than time it takes to swap shocks.
How much for yours to be done ? Core charge and all that? I'm comparing to the forged offroad , curious on the quality of product the send you as far as cosmetics and overall ride quality

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
How much for yours to be done ? Core charge and all that? I'm comparing to the forged offroad , curious on the quality of product the send you as far as cosmetics and overall ride quality
He charged me $1440 up front with expectation to get about $600-700 back. Mine were in really good condition. He tries to match your condition. He sent me pics of the swaps and they look really good. Still waiting on UPS guy.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He charged me $1440 up front with expectation to get about $600-700 back. Mine were in really good condition. He tries to match your condition. He sent me pics of the swaps and they look really good. Still waiting on UPS guy.
What did you have done to these ? Any upgrades or anything?

OP
OP
D

dfranks

Reaction score
Seems like everyone is trying to rebuild currently. Mine will be 3.0s coming off to be rebuilt. Unfortunately the timing to get cerakote done is why Id prefer to put a shock on to keep the truck under its own weight

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like everyone is trying to rebuild currently. Mine will be 3.0s coming off to be rebuilt. Unfortunately the timing to get cerakote done is why Id prefer to put a shock on to keep the truck under its own weight
I'd like to do the 3.0 but not if I have to do a lot of metal fabrication, if it was bolt on and done I'd be for it

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just normal rebuild and add Schrader valves.
Keep us posted. What do we use to check the pressure on our shocks ? I read that you need to check the nitrogen levels and I've never done that. Sorry for getting in your business on this, just really curious and looking for other options out there. Who do most people use for the exchange on the forum?

Last edited: