WTB GJ Style Third Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think you will have much luck finding a used one for sale here, I have never seen one. However, he tends to have a Sale/Discount deal going around the holidays.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its on my list, thats for sure! Getting my radio installed right now, so will need the antenna capability soon....

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a tip from Rick at Freedom Motorsports, I ordered from GigaParts....
Where did you get your radio from and what did you get?

On a tip from [email protected] ordered from GigaParts...here's a couple photos of my install. Sorry about the crappy quality, but it's night here. I'm going to start a build thread for my truck and post videos up of what I'm doing...

Here's a couple quick shots....

3wwzzgq.jpg

Control head...we mounted it up on the face of the sunglass holder and it works perfect.

WDMCHRk.jpg

Body of the unit mounted under the drivers seat.

el225Dw.jpg

Mic on it's hook next to drivers seat.

I also got a Bluetooth headset. I had the MARS upgrade done by GigaParts too. Here's a parts list of what I ordered....

KyHvbhJ.jpg

I took all this stuff down to a car stereo store in my area and paid them to install it. It was pretty spendy but I got a first class install.

Last edited:

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On a tip from Rick at Freedom Motorsports, I ordered from GigaParts....

On a tip from [email protected] ordered from GigaParts...here's a couple photos of my install. Sorry about the crappy quality, but it's night here. I'm going to start a build thread for my truck and post videos up of what I'm doing...

Here's a couple quick shots....

3wwzzgq.jpg

Control head...we mounted it up on the face of the sunglass holder and it works perfect.

WDMCHRk.jpg

Body of the unit mounted under the drivers seat.

el225Dw.jpg

Mic on it's hook next to drivers seat.

I also got a Bluetooth headset. I had the MARS upgrade done by GigaParts too. Here's a parts list of what I ordered....

KyHvbhJ.jpg

I took all this stuff down to a car stereo store in my area and paid them to install it. It was pretty speedy but I got a first class install.
I chose to get my icom ic-2730a from @lvjmotorsports. Keith not only does the Murs mod but also preprogrammed all frequencies used for raptor runs. One down side that comes from how they mounted your face plate is the mic can’t be plugged in. If you do any runs with a copilot it’s easier to let them do the radio talk when things get rough. I used the sunglass holder without any permanent mods, I plug my mic into the face plate and hang from the same area for ease of access for myself and copilot. 2792950B-B67C-48D2-975D-908374B5E492.jpeg643D0DF3-C52E-4D18-BCCC-53D537AC5222.jpeg007AF8F3-B0F4-4CCC-AFF7-9ECFD7426830.jpeg638E9E04-804B-4ED3-97E1-DBC83E43C65A.jpeg

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the mic is plugged in to the body of the unit, but it would be a stretch for a co driver to use it. That’s where the Bluetooth headset comes in.

I called Icom and asked about getting a mic with a longer cord but I guess they don’t make anything like that.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I chose to get my icom ic-2730a from @lvjmotorsports. Keith not only does the Murs mod but also preprogrammed all frequencies used for raptor runs. One down side that comes from how they mounted your face plate is the mic can’t be plugged in. If you do any runs with a copilot it’s easier to let them do the radio talk when things get rough. I used the sunglass holder without any permanent mods, I plug my mic into the face plate and hang from the same area for ease of access for myself and copilot. View attachment 129515View attachment 129516View attachment 129517View attachment 129518

I went out and took a look at my control unit, and turns out I have a mic jack on the right side...mic plugs right in, no sweat.

LArjoVM.jpg

Overall, I'm really happy. Plus, my Oakleys live in that sunglass holder, so I didn't want to give it up anyway. :batman2:

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went out and took a look at my control unit, and turns out I have a mic jack on the right side...mic plugs right in, no sweat.

LArjoVM.jpg

Overall, I'm really happy. Plus, my Oakleys live in that sunglass holder, so I didn't want to give it up anyway. :batman2:
That’s awesome!!!