WTB Gen 1 Rear Axel Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Popper864

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goodafternoon,

I NEED YOUR HELP. Im looking all around for a full gen 1 rear axel assembly. Unfortunately when i took my recently purchased 2013 raptor SCREW to the dealership for a whirling noise in the rear end they came to the conclusion that my axel was bent and needed a full replace. Dealership quoted me at $7000 for a new full rear end. I am looking for a used or refurbished gen 1 rear axel. Looking forward to hearing some responses, thanks guys. PS: If i did not mention it i am in a hurry!! The sooner the better as it is my daily driver and would not like to drive it with bent axel. Thanks

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a shop down here in Florida that stocks Currie axles. For that price you could step into a nice setup.

I’m curious why they think the whole assembly needs replaced? Should be able to rebuild the housing for a reasonable price depending if you upgrade at the same time

if it is just a bent axle you that is like a 4 hour job and a handful of parts

OP
OP
Popper864

Popper864

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a shop down here in Florida that stocks Currie axles. For that price you could step into a nice setup.

I’m curious why they think the whole assembly needs replaced? Should be able to rebuild the housing for a reasonable price depending if you upgrade at the same time

Thanks, Im not really looking to spend $7000 or i would have entertained the idea of a currie over the dealership rebuild. Thanks though. Im looking to spend around 2-3 grand on a refurbished or used full rear axel assembly. Hoping to get lucky and find someone who recently did the currie axel swap and has there factory rear laying around. Thanks for the suggestion

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, Im not really looking to spend $7000 or i would have entertained the idea of a currie over the dealership rebuild. Thanks though. Im looking to spend around 2-3 grand on a refurbished or used full rear axel assembly. Hoping to get lucky and find someone who recently did the currie axel swap and has there factory rear laying around. Thanks for the suggestion

I’d be curious to dig into the axle a little bit more, maybe a second opinion and see what the issue is. Axles shafts are what normally break/bend. A new shaft is like $300. Unless you hit a massive rock going fast the housing is not likely to bend... you could Potentially fix/rebuild your current rear end for far less than the cost of a used axle assembly.

OP
OP
Popper864

Popper864

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be curious to dig into the axle a little bit more, maybe a second opinion and see what the issue is. Axles shafts are what normally break/bend. A new shaft is like $300. Unless you hit a massive rock going fast the housing is not likely to bend... you could Potentially fix/rebuild your current rear end for far less than the cost of a used axle assembly.

I wish this was the case, a simple axel shaft. Unfortunately it is the entire axel housing that is bent fairly bad. No telling what the previous owner hit or was hit by but I'm trying my best to find a used assembly.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with your local race car / off road shops. I can believe there is an axle housing that can't be straighten and a truss installed if you could still drive the truck.

Try
ALXES PLUS
(864) 598-0099
7068 Howard St
Spartanburg, SC 29303

Gardner's Alignment
(864) 463-4453
254 Thompson Chapel Rd
Spartanburg, SC 29307

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bent my axle tube and had to replace it. i spent $1600-$1700 for a new one and an afternoon to replace it. there was some else just recent looking for the same. unfortunately i dont rwmember where i purchased from. just somewhere in michigan i remember. its been about 3 years. but $7k is rediculous. definitely can get it cheaper

OP
OP
Popper864

Popper864

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bent my axle tube and had to replace it. i spent $1600-$1700 for a new one and an afternoon to replace it. there was some else just recent looking for the same. unfortunately i dont rwmember where i purchased from. just somewhere in michigan i remember. its been about 3 years. but $7k is rediculous. definitely can get it cheaper

I agree, 7K is absorb. I might just go the route of replacing the housing itself and swapping over th ring and pinion gears myself. What was that process like for you?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, 7K is absorb. I might just go the route of replacing the housing itself and swapping over th ring and pinion gears myself. What was that process like for you?
i bought the whole assembly. i didnt swap anything over. endd up selling my rear end for $1k to some guy who said he could fix it and use it.