wtb a couple of guns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kentucky is sensible with gun laws.

I picked up a little .22 Tracker revolver for a snake gun up in my woods. I had stopped by the store to look for a slug gun for hunting & saw it for a good price. Whole transaction was about 10 minutes, including me evaluating the weapon.

If a state had more restrictive gun laws than here, I wouldnt live there.

I don't know what part of "shall not be infringed" people can't understand.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Das geht bis jemand wie ich Deutsch reden kann.

Es gibt hier aber wenige Deutsche redene Kriminellen. Spanisch ist etwas anders...

Well the Ninja man was also trained for that as well. Watched a demonstration of his dad giving a counter command Ninja turned on him and got after the arm pad he was wearing. Used to show off the Ninja Man by having him guard my sunglasses---would not let me touch them until he was given the control command. He also was very good using hand commands—tough to see those at night.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, i am going to bring this subject up at the next HOA meeting and see what they say. also i notified a bunch of other home owners here about what happened, so we are all on lookout now.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of great advice here.

Helps if you don't live on the wrong side of the tracks surrounded by scumbags that feel entitled to your shit. Make sure yours is the secure appearing house that encourages thugs to move on to a softer target (much like you don't have to outrun a bear - you just have to be faster than that other guy). I also keep my vehicles garaged so can't tell as easily if am home or not. I have weapons stashed throughout the house so no getting caught with pants down (even have some truly insane hacking weapons in the garage and back yard too!).

Other recommendations: (the first two are the ones that make my wife feel better when I am gone)

1) Definitely get a large family-friendly dog that sounds off when someone comes around. Is more deterrent than most thugs want to deal with. Keep it inside the house when you are inside, especially at night. Bad guys don't like the unpredictability that a dog brings into the mix (there have been ugly home invasion situations that have turned around simply because the dog charges the thugs - distracting them, allowing the homeowner to make his move). Most don't want to tangle with an aggressive sounding large dog and will move on to an easier target.

2)Get an alarm system from a good alarm company. Most break-ins occur in broad daylight when folks are away. You get notified if you aren't home, and if you are home the sudden loud noise may drive them away, but also keeps them from sneaking up on you... wakes up the dog, and gives you time to grab your weapon. The cops will show up in short order either way. Just be sure to train with that racket in the background. Every so often when the family is away, I open a door or window and run through my disaster drills. The alarm is ear-splitting so need to be ready to go / half asleep with that racket in the background.

3) Get the right guns for the job and know how to use them.

4) Have guns and back-up deadly weapons throughout the house (out of kid reach of course), and make sure momma doesn't move em. Large knives and machetes are great, and an "I don't need to ax you again" tactical tomahawk is even better

5) Pop-on security lights around the house. Breaking into houses is usually done by desperate druggies looking for a way to get their next fix. They know this is a dangerous way to support their habit and really don't want to get shot. Being on drugs makes them more paranoid - will usually take off if a light pops on, especially if a dog starts barking.

Train often. Work through all likely scenarios. At the end of the day you are responsible for your own safety. Your family is counting on you. Remember that when seconds count, the cops are minutes away.

Oh, and busa... don't tell your ninja buddies you got a gun! haha

Last edited:

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2)Get an alarm system from a good alarm company. Most break-ins occur in broad daylight when folks are away. You get notified if you aren't home, and if you are home the sudden loud noise may drive them away, but also keeps them from sneaking up on you... wakes up the dog, and gives you time to grab your weapon. The cops will show up in short order either way. Just be sure to train with that racket in the background. Every so often when the family is away, I open a door or window and run through my disaster drills. The alarm is ear-splitting so need to be ready to go / half asleep with that racket in the background.

We lived in a city for the last 10 years, and I installed an alarm system in the house we owned there. I got a Visionic Powermax, like this:

POWERMAX PLUS, Visonic PowerMax + Wireless Home Security System

It was pretty simple to install, and there are plenty of peripherals that can be purchased to expand & customize it.

I set it up to call my cell phone (it has an option to call with a voice message telling what alarm has been tripped & you can interface it with touch tones), so I was the monitoring station. My wife's cell phone was 2nd call if that one didn't work, and a very good friend as 3rd. I largely wanted it for when we weren't there & for the monitored smoke detectors when I was away from home. I did sometimes use the Arm-Home option, but not usually. If somebody had entered then, it would have sounded, and its LOUD & shrill.

In 10 years, that thing never false alarmed. Never.

I installed the exact same alarm in my mom's house. 6 months later, somebody threw a brick through a sliding glass door to obtain entry. The alarm sent them away instantly. It called her & she had a neighbor check it out, who then called the cops when they saw the glass. My mom had a revolver sitting out in her room, and a lot of jewlry sitting around - nothing in the house was touched. The cops said there had been a wave of break-ins in the area where they got in by breaking a glass door like that & her alarm had clearly stopped the thieves from stealing from her.

Never paying a monitoring company but having a system like that which I monitored fit me perfectly. (Although my new house is monitored by a company - I just continued the contract from the previous owner.)

I was impressed at how easy it was to customize that system and make it do whatever you wanted. If the alarm was tripped, I had it turn on the porch light and entry light using X-10 modules, so I'd also know if it had alarmed at all while I was out (in case somehow it wasn't able to call me)

I highly recommend this system for anybody who's willing to do some planning and spend a couple hours setting it up & installing.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the help guys. the wife and i are going to have a discussion about having (explosive) weapons in the house. hopefully this doesnt occur again, but you never know. whatever we decide, we will definitely be prepared if there is another incident