WTB 13-14 Raptor: what to look for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptors4ever

Reaction score
As the title says, I am starting to get serious about getting a 13-14 Raptor Screw. What are things I should look for based on mileage when looking at used Raptors?

billj214

Reaction score
My first criteria was if it's under warranty still and buying the lowest miles for the best price. I did buy the extended warranty which is not always available when your factory warranty expires.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides checking if the frame is bent, pretty much just the usual used truck stuff: look for torn CVs, torn or leaking ball joints, rust, test the seat heaters/ ac, test the AC and heat, test 4wd and locker, spare, hubs, oil and trans fluid condition, remove the skid plate to check for leaks, and drive the **** out of it to see how she does!

If it has any aftermarket parts see who did the work and make sure everything was installed correctly. If buying from a private party spend the $$$ and get a full inspection for piece of mind.

And of course ask for their social media accounts so you can find videos of your new to you Raptor being jumped 90ft by the original owner! lol :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
R

Raptors4ever

Reaction score
Found a 2013 Blue Screw with 46K miles and CPO warranty. Talking through emails now and hope to check it out in person this weekend. Not sure if I am a fan of the blue interior accents but might be able to get over that.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a 2013 Blue Screw with 46K miles and CPO warranty. Talking through emails now and hope to check it out in person this weekend. Not sure if I am a fan of the blue interior accents but might be able to get over that.

FWIW - There was a member on here looking to trade his all black seat covers plus cash for blue accent seat covers.

OP
OP
R

Raptors4ever

Reaction score
Well that deal didnt happen. They sold it before I could get the deposit money to them. Oh well found others but higher mileage. Thoughts on going after a 13 with 60/70k miles on it? Anything major I should be on the look out for?

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cowboy has posted a pretty good list of things to check. You can get a genuine ford ESP even after the 3/36k through Troy Ford(google troy ford ESP) you just have to pay to have the truck inspected at a dealership. I just got done extending mine to a 8/125. Yay for no out of pocket repairs till 2022!

Big thing i'd check with a 60-70k raptor outside of cowboys list is if the shocks have been rebuilt already.