WSI progressive leafs with oem bump stops or none

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here is something I haven't really seen talked about here. Running WSI HD leaf springs with oem and aftermarket pads or no bump stops since the WSI don't come with the pads. I know the obvious answer is going to be to run an aftermarket bump stop kit, better be safe than sorry, don't be a poverty raptor :hidesbehindsofa: , etc.... lol i have nothing against the aftermarket kits except the price tag for something i feel i dont need.....there are many members here that could benefit from progressive leaf packs and don't NEED upgraded bump stops but what do we do....

this applies to me I feel. I run slower speed stuff and rarely jump and if I do, its small. in my area there really isnt much for big whoops or anything like that. at the same time I want the rear of the truck to handle better offroad, reduce/eliminate wheel hop, and be able to tow and haul better.

I am looking to run the WSI leaf springs and I do not want to run upgraded bump stops. so my options are a bump pad like this
Rear Raptor Bump Stop Mounts
OR
run no bump stops at all. this was something that was suggested to me. with the arch and spring rate of the leafs it would take a very large impact to compress the suspension enough to fully compress and damage anything. worst case scenario the frame wouldn't bend but the rear shocks could fully compress and blow out. this is how Jimmy runs the WSI Green Raptor that many people have seen in person and/or in videos running hard offroad, jumps and all.

so to sum up this long post, what have others done that run WSI leafs and even if u don't run them whats your thoughts?

my setup will be the WSI HD springs with an adjustable drop shackle http://www.roughcountry.com/lowering-shackles-rc0502.html . then this thread will help me decide on what to do bump stop wise. so the truck will sit a inch or 2 higher in the rear than stock when done

Last edited:

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this applies to me I feel...

I think I am the same boat. I am interested in HD springs primarily to tame the extra horsepower from the supercharger and to tow my wake boat. Call me a street queen but I haven't launched that 90 foot jump and my occasional off road adventures probably don't require bump stops.

I would be interested in a consensus from the crowd as to the best approach.

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jimmy from wsi doesn't run aftermarket bumpstops with his he just has the factory and the hd springs and his truck isnt bent

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jimmy from wsi doesn't run aftermarket bumpstops with his he just has the factory and the hd springs and his truck isnt bent

Yes thats right just like I stated in the first post. He drives his hard and has had no issues with over 60,000 miles on his rig

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick, I have the strick pads at the shop from sdhq. Great option if you not running a bumpstom kit. Definately needed- otherwise the up travel is not regulated properly nor do you get he support of the bump during towing ect