Wrench Light On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I experienced the wrench icon yesterday at rausch creek rto event. I was in 2wd with nanny features off. I parked the truck and when I started it icon was gone.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I experienced the wrench icon yesterday at rausch creek rto event. I was in 2wd with nanny features off. I parked the truck and when I started it icon was gone.

My experience with the ***** icon was intermittent at first, too.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the wrench icon isn't intermittent on my truck any more. I took it to the dealership today, and they determined that the shift fork in the transfer case has failed. There is no fixing the transfer case, they said, so the transfer case must be replaced. For emphasis they managed to get it stuck in 4Hi and advised me to drive it as little as possible and keep it under 60 mph.

I also had them look at why the guidelines for my backup camera wouldn't stay on. The camera worked, just no guidelines. Well, they told me that my camera must be replaced. And for added emphasis they managed to make it so that the camera doesn't work at all.

Together these repairs are going to cost over $3,800.
(sigh)

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the wrench icon isn't intermittent on my truck any more. I took it to the dealership today, and they determined that the shift fork in the transfer case has failed. There is no fixing the transfer case, they said, so the transfer case must be replaced. For emphasis they managed to get it stuck in 4Hi and advised me to drive it as little as possible and keep it under 60 mph.

I also had them look at why the guidelines for my backup camera wouldn't stay on. The camera worked, just no guidelines. Well, they told me that my camera must be replaced. And for added emphasis they managed to make it so that the camera doesn't work at all.

Together these repairs are going to cost over $3,800.
(sigh)
Bummer but I’m glad they figured it out.