Wrench icon - yet more problems with my 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Less than 4 weeks after getting my timing belt tensioner replaced (long process) I got a wrench icon today and the engine lost power. It runs rough and won't accelerate. Already been in the shop for a charging system fault as well.

I'm about to dump this 2018. I am beyond frustrated. I live an hour from my dealer and there's no way I can drive it that far.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes man...been following your repair threads. What a PITA!

Seeing threads like this just help validate that I made the right decision buying a gen 1 and not holding out for a gen 2 a few years back.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I only jumped from my Gen 1 because both rockers were rotten and replaced under warranty. Didn't want it to happen again.

Posting about problems with Gen 1 is heresy here. :p

I’ve lived the same frustration from previous vehicles, and I hope you get squared away quick, hopefully something simple.
Good luck

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Less than 4 weeks after getting my timing belt tensioner replaced (long process) I got a wrench icon today and the engine lost power. It runs rough and won't accelerate. Already been in the shop for a charging system fault as well.

I'm about to dump this 2018. I am beyond frustrated. I live an hour from my dealer and there's no way I can drive it that far.

Ouch, good luck OP. I had the engine (longblock) replaced on my '17 due to a rattle inside the engine on startup for several seconds. Ford didn't want to waste time tearing down the motor on my Gen 2 along with another that was in the shop for something similar, so they replaced both motors under warranty. Once I got the truck back and I read through the notes, they noted an oil leak from the passenger side of motor. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm hearing a very light rattle again on startup and I'm almost positive its not the direct injection noise. I traded in my Gen 1 for the Gen 2 and after all this, I'm really starting to miss it :(.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yikes man...been following your repair threads. What a PITA!

Seeing threads like this just help validate that I made the right decision buying a gen 1 and not holding out for a gen 2 a few years back.

I only jumped from my Gen 1 because both rockers were rotten and replaced under warranty. Didn't want it to happen again.

The instant invalidation following the validation is a prime example of why posts like the one made by @03Cobraraptor are so unbelievably retarded. Obviously if you follow a issue with a particular vehicle it will validate your decision not to get one. Why not even up the odds and follow one that doesn't have issues? The follow up post goes to show that any vehicle can have issues.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The instant invalidation following the validation is a prime example of why posts like the one made by @03Cobraraptor are so unbelievably retarded. Obviously if you follow a issue with a particular vehicle it will validate your decision not to get one. Why not even up the odds and follow one that doesn't have issues? The follow up post goes to show that any vehicle can have issues.

I see multiple issues multiple times posted.
Good luck op