Wrecked Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait... WTF is going on there?

You had hose clamps on your fuel line? The same fuel line that separated and burned down a S/C Rousch Raptor?

I can g-u-a-r-****-intee Ford did not use those ****** clamps. Whoever modified your fuel system is responsible for that 100%.

Yeah those are the absolutely the worst clamps for fuel lines...For anything for that matter. Oetiker clamps are the only ones I've never seen fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

notnks

Reaction score
I had 9000 miles on a new motor that the local Ford dealer installed.

I’m not sure what was there for the first 100,124 miles, but I’m pretty sure Roush didn’t use that style of hose clamp when they modified the truck.

I don’t know how the Ford Tech got back there to put the hose clamps on, there is absolutely no room back between the head and firewall! Then add Roush supercharger in the way too!

I would think the Ford tech would have said something about using the proper clamp on the fuel lines when he replaced the engine. But he didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah screw style hose clamps don't belong on anything high pressure and certianly not F.I. lines. That was somebody being stupid or lazy. I would have thought a full-on Roush upgrade would have custom AN lines or Oetiker clamps at a minimum. They could have at least safety wired the clamps to prevent loosening and tether them to reduce the chance of them slipping off. I am surprised more people don't know about this issue/concern. Sorry your truck burned up dude, that would break my heart.

Attached are some good safety wire examples. Water lines and low pressure fuel but you get the idea.

Attachments

• DSCN3123.jpg
    DSCN3123.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 27
  • sacarb2.jpg
    sacarb2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 29

notnks

Reaction score
Yeah, I was holding the tears back when I was watching Lanor burn.
I like the wire idea, I will start doing that.

if I would have known that they used those hose clamps on my fuel lines I would have made the Ford tech change them out.

lesson learned, whenever you let somebody else work on your truck check everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those worm clamps are just ****** in general. I'm fine with using a wide SS worm clamp to hold a hose on some swimming pool piping- but OEM car manufacturers have not used a worm clamp in decades for a good reason, especially on a high pressure fuel line.

Fuel lines should be the OEM locking style or AN style- there's no reason to deviate other than stupidity and laziness. Any lower pressure connections using hose clamps should be either spring style or T-bolt. Oetiker are just a PITA IMO.

Sorry about your truck man. I'd have looked it over real close when I bought it, just because of stupid shit like this. If it's not 100% OEM, you better look it over real close and see exactly what was modified.

Last edited: