wrecked my 2012 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear about both of the wrecks. If it doesn't get totaled fight for dimished value as others have stated. I'd already be talking to the insurance about that if you haven't. Mind if I ask who the insurance compay is that's paying for it?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wouldn't cash out if totaled. Need to replace it and can't find a used one exactly then new one. Unfortunately insurance companies are scumbags and that will never happen.

Depends on who you have. Desa Raptor got a sweet deal from insurance after he argued with them about the value of the truck. You just have to go in with evidence as to why you think you deserve what you're asking. Find trucks with similar miles and go to them with the price those guys are asking. If KBB is saying you haven't lost value, they should give you close to that to purchase a new one. The problem is since they aren't making them right now it's going to be difficult to find one anymore.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
20141006_153445_zpsnd3fmorb.jpgURL=http://s68.photobucket.com/user/whereemout/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141006_153425_zpstah3o2od.jpg.html]20141006_153425_zpstah3o2od.jpg[/URL]

A 2008 Toyota highlander didn't yieldon his left turn and thought he could make it through the intersection before me.
I don't know yet if it's totaled. I had it towed to my dealer. He thinks it's fixable. I don't know what's better for me, a total or fixed truck. It's a 2012 with 17,000 miles on it. I have a feeling I'm screwed either way. If they fix it I don't think I can live with it. I doubt They Can Make It 100% perfect. So I'd probably trade it in. But I can see them low balling me on a trade cause its been in a wreck.

Based on my similar accident Id say 100% totaled.

Let me know the buyback. I'm looking for a fixer upper.

Bussy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got done with my adjuster. He feels that they should total it. I asked to have my mechanic look at it for a second opinion. The adjuster agreed to have that second look.

I've got my dealership (cousin is Gen Mgr) looking up similar trucks/prices to go in with as much of an argument as possible...similar to what @Jordan@Apollo-Optics mentioned above.

If totaled, adjuster authorized me to take off all the aftermarket add-ons. I also asked to know the buy-back price if that is the path.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Damn sorry to hear about both of the wrecks. If it doesn't get totaled fight for dimished value as others have stated. I'd already be talking to the insurance about that if you haven't. Mind if I ask who the insurance compay is that's paying for it?

My insurance is through Farmers. Her's is State Farm. She's at fault...

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to go crazy with it, buy it back and fix it. If you want a fairly stock truck, total it and buy a new one. One of the REC members totaled his on a Sunday and had a new one in his driveway Friday. Weekend worth of work and you are right back to where you are and we can break it in, in Mexico.

OP
OP
O

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I talked to my agent and told him that if its not totaled I'm trading it in. And when the dealer low balls me im making a dismissed value claim. He said he wasn't fimiliar with a diminish value claim. A guy I work with sells insurance on the side and hasn't heard of it either.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

The news said that my area is due to get a lot of rain over the next few days. Well my wrecked truck is sitting outside at the dealership shop and the driver door is all bent up and doesn't seal. So I guess the inside will be getting wet.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Depends on who you have. Desa Raptor got a sweet deal from insurance after he argued with them about the value of the truck. You just have to go in with evidence as to why you think you deserve what you're asking. Find trucks with similar miles and go to them with the price those guys are asking. If KBB is saying you haven't lost value, they should give you close to that to purchase a new one. The problem is since they aren't making them right now it's going to be difficult to find one anymore.

Aren't making them right now? Did I miss something here? Why not?

D

Deleted member 12951

I talked to my agent and told him that if its not totaled I'm trading it in. And when the dealer low balls me im making a dismissed value claim. He said he wasn't fimiliar with a diminish value claim. A guy I work with sells insurance on the side and hasn't heard of it either.

They all say that, they don't want to pay it. Just google it.

I had an accident in 2007, not my fault. I wanted $4k on top of fixing my truck back like it was, we settled on $2.5k. Its been around for quite some time. Its been fought in court too and usually win. Needs to be newer vehicle because old ones have depreciated. Raptor is great for this because of resale.

And yes, No raptor....yet. Surprised you haven't heard.