wrecked my 2012 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20141006_153445_zpsnd3fmorb.jpgURL=http://s68.photobucket.com/user/whereemout/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141006_153425_zpstah3o2od.jpg.html]20141006_153425_zpstah3o2od.jpg[/URL]

A 2008 Toyota highlander didn't yieldon his left turn and thought he could make it through the intersection before me.
I don't know yet if it's totaled. I had it towed to my dealer. He thinks it's fixable. I don't know what's better for me, a total or fixed truck. It's a 2012 with 17,000 miles on it. I have a feeling I'm screwed either way. If they fix it I don't think I can live with it. I doubt They Can Make It 100% perfect. So I'd probably trade it in. But I can see them low balling me on a trade cause its been in a wreck.

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks, I would push for the insurance company to total it especially with diminished value cause of the accident!

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to see and hear that. Glad you're alright. (assumption) I would agree with Hazzard and see if you can get it totaled and get into something newer.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That really sucks, sorry to see this. Push for it to be totalled, buy it back and turn it into a killer trail truck!

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that blows. That is two Raptors down in as many days and a minor rear ender a few days ago.

I will mention to you what I mentioned to the guy that got rear ended. Fight for "a deminished value claim" from the insurance. It will be a fight but it might be worth it and cover the gap if your trade it in and loose value due to the accident.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't let a dealer conduct those repairs. If your insurance company has authorized service centers that they'll guarantee the work for then use them. Push for a total though. Hard to tell what underlying damage there is but if it's just what's visible then I wouldn't expect a totaled truck.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whats with all the recked trucks yesterday not a good day to be driving a raptor I guess.

JayLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't let a dealer conduct those repairs. If your insurance company has authorized service centers that they'll guarantee the work for then use them. Push for a total though. Hard to tell what underlying damage there is but if it's just what's visible then I wouldn't expect a totaled truck.

This, furthermore, you don't even have to use one of the body shops your insurance recommends. Use anyone you see fit.

I'm not saying you should do this, but I know it has been done…If your friend owns a body shop, tell your insurance that you want to use that shop. Have this person give you the friend discount but bill your insurance for the full claim and split the difference. Not that I'm condoning this because it's probably illegal but I know some people that have done it.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This, furthermore, you don't even have to use one of the body shops your insurance recommends. Use anyone you see fit.

I'm not saying you should do this, but I know it has been done…If your friend owns a body shop, tell your insurance that you want to use that shop. Have this person give you the friend discount but bill your insurance for the full claim and split the difference. Not that I'm condoning this because it's probably illegal but I know some people that have done it.

I wouldn't recommend this just due to the possible repercussions but there's nothing saying you can take the money and pay a shop yourself. It's no different than saying you'll do your own repairs. They will give what they estimate regardless of the facility. It may have to be a two party check which then they can make it out to the repair facility and yourself, that's where you'd have to work out getting the difference back.

The only thing that scares me (this stems from my issues) is a shop ******** up and you have no backing from insurance who is obviously a heavier hitter than an individual. Also, it might be harder to get supplements done if they find more issues along the way.

With USAA, they guarantee the repairs for as long as you own the vehicle. That's enough for me to utilize a shop they approve of.